- Lead Apple Solutions Consultant - Dallas, TX
- Senior Network Engineer - Dallas, TX
- Senior Cybersecurity Engineer - Dallas, TX
- Claims Estimator - Dallas, TX
- Electronic Design Engineer - Dallas, TX
Working at Apple means doing more than you ever thought possible and having more impact than you ever imagined.
Summary Posted: May 23, 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish! The people here at Apple don’t just craft products, they build the kind of wonder that has revolutionized entire industries. From amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts, it’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do. And we are proud to keep Apple’s data centers reliable and efficient, ensuring our users have the best customer experiences possible. We are looking for a highly motivated Technical Program Manager (TPM) to join Apple’s Data Center Program Management team. You will be the cross-section between execution and strategy, driving impactful programs and delivering measurable results across all functions of Data Center Operations. You will unify efforts from design to construction, from planning to deployment, from strategy to operations. This is a fast-moving, dynamic environment where flexibility and adaptability are key attributes needed for success. Excellent project and time-management skills, with an ability to organize and drive critical tasks and objectives in support of organizational goals is valued. The ideal candidate is a collaborator, influencer, comfortable with ambiguity, eager to solve challenging problems, and excited to develop, drive and lead the complex cross-functional programs across the team and across Apple. This role can also be based on site in the following locations: Dallas, TX, Reno, NV; Maiden, NC; Ashburn, VA; Chicago, IL; Des Moines, IA, Prineville, OR and Mesa, AZ. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it!
6-10+ years of both tactical project management as well as strategic program management experience in driving large cross functional/engineering initiatives
* Fully competent in a variety of project management tools, methodologies and techniques. Core project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, resources, quality and risk management, reporting and metric development/tracking
* Knowledge and experience in Data Center designs and operations, and/or related fields
* Ability to prioritize, manage multiple competing projects/programs simultaneously.
* Ability to identify and resolve conflicts, inter-dependencies and program issues quickly and efficiently
* Significant experience in strategy and program delivery with a strong focus on alignment across a matrix team environment
* Expert level ability to communicate directly and clearly, with an emphasis on careful listening
* Be able to lead a small team in defining and driving success measures across a program and a portfolio
* Functional knowledge of networking services and protocols is a plus
You will be working with stakeholders to define problems and develop solutions that will improve data center operations. You must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically while balancing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. In this role, you will need to exercise sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others and strong analytical thinking skills are essential to success in this position. You will lead multiple projects simultaneously, recognizing and mitigating risks while proactively setting in place contingency plans; interact with engineers, technicians, project managers and senior management daily; and keep large, diverse groups informed of progress and obstacles. As a manager in Apple, you will lead and inspire team to do their best job, and become the best version of themselves.
Education & Experience
Bachelor/ Master Degree or equivalent work experience
Candidates possessing a background in architecture/design, mechanical/electrical engineering, software/network engineering, data center infrastructure/operations, and/or construction, who have transitioned to a program management discipline are preferred.