- Software Engineer, Apple Pay - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Senior Data Engineering Manager, Apple Media Products Data Science & Analytics - Cupertino - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Software QA Engineer, Black Box - Apple Notes - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Apple Services Marketing Tools Web Program Manager - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Performance Tools Engineer - Apple Maps App - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
Working at Apple means doing more than you ever thought possible and having more impact than you ever imagined.
Summary Posted: May 19, 2022
Apple is looking for a Human Factors Engineer who could initiate, plan and conduct studies to support design decision and to validate sensor based interactions for various hardware products.
* A diverse toolkit of user experience research and usability methods, and the ability to select, scale, and adapt your toolkit to a variety of investigative, information-gathering, and analysis tasks:
* Proficiency in statistical analysis and data visualization
* Experience in prototyping study tools to verify research hypothesis for interaction technology
* A validated ability to present research findings and recommendations to all levels of partners, including executive management
* An ability to rapidly acquire familiarity with emergent technologies and software algorithms
* Preferred experience in Motion Capture, VR/AR, Multi-Sensory Interactions, and Biomechanics
The Human Factors Engineer will work with product development teams to design studies that assess usability risk and provide knowledge on human behaviors to optimize sensor based interaction features. This person will be a member of a team that leads investigational studies. OBJECTIVES INCLUDE: – Clearly understand design and interaction challenges by working closely with engineers and designers. – Collaborate cross-functionally to identify study goal and to develop study plan for the goal – Identify critical attributes for data collection and prototype data collection tools. – Conduct statistical (qualitative and quantitative) analysis of data to formulate insights – Visualize data and findings to deliver results to stakeholders
Education & Experience
B.S. degree required with experience in Human Factors, Industrial Engineering, HCI or a related design discipline; MS or PhD preferred. In lieu of degrees, 3+ years of experience in related fields. Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount – both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products. Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.