- Software Engineer, Apple Pay - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Senior Data Engineering Manager, Apple Media Products Data Science & Analytics - Cupertino - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Software QA Engineer, Black Box - Apple Notes - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Apple Services Marketing Tools Web Program Manager - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Performance Tools Engineer - Apple Maps App - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
Working at Apple means doing more than you ever thought possible and having more impact than you ever imagined.
Summary Posted: Mar 25, 2022
At Apple’s Biomechanics Research Center we bring together area experts across a range of disciplines to deliver science-backed design insights for the development of hardware products. In this role you’ll design and carry out innovative, rigorous experiments that drive rapid, systematic, iterative product design. We’re looking for researchers who are ready to be expert collaborators on an interdisciplinary team answering questions about physical interaction with Apple products. The Applied Biomechanics Researcher will bring the expertise to make the principles and techniques of biomechanics an integral part of development of future products.
Advanced skills in biomechanics research from problem definition to study execution
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to translate research findings into product recommendations and insights for interdisciplinary teams in a concise manner
* Strong in scripting for scientific analysis (such as Matlab or Python)
The researcher will be responsible for framing research questions, conducting studies, analyzing data, interpreting results, and communicating actionable insights. The researcher needs to be able to gather robust biomechanics data and synthesize it with subjective participant feedback, creatively adapting and developing new research methods when needed. An in-depth understanding of and broad appreciation for physics and human biology is a must-have. The ideal candidate can balance scientific curiosity and engineering practicality, is comfortable working hands-on with prototypes, and can collaborate effectively with interdisciplinary experts. The researcher will be expected to work with mechanical, electrical, and soft goods engineers on building novel and custom instrumentations.
Education & Experience
Advanced degree (PhD or MS) or 5+ years equivalent research experience in an engineering or science field with biomechanics specialization (such as musculoskeletal mechanics, prosthetics/orthotics, neuromotor sensing and control, soft tissue mechanics, injury/rehabilitation, exoskeletons, or assistive devices) Coursework in dynamics, statistics, solid mechanics, computational modeling and simulation Collaboration within interdisciplinary teams. Hands on experience with one or more experimental methods to study human movement (such as motion capture, electromyography (EMG), force/pressure instrumentation)
Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.