- Global Partner Marketing Manager, Apple Advertising Solutions - Austin, TX
- Graphics and Rendering Engineer - 3D Display - Apple Maps - Austin, TX
- Big Data Engineer - Wallet & Apple Pay - Austin - Austin, TX
- Software Engineer, Apple Pay - Austin, TX
- Manager - Big Data Engineering - Wallet & Apple Pay - Austin - Austin, TX
Working at Apple means doing more than you ever thought possible and having more impact than you ever imagined.
Summary Posted: Feb 14, 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, extraordinary ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish! This position is in the Big Data Engineering team that manages various powerful open source technologies in Streaming, Data Science and Big Data Analytics areas, including Kafka, Hadoop, Spark and AI/ML. You should have experience developing/deploying large-scale big data analytics/streaming applications and services.
* 3-4 years of validated experience in a professional programming position
* Solid understanding and experience of core Java programming, performance, multi-threading, garbage collection
* Strong education in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Operating Systems, Networking, Load balancing etc.
* Experience with Python and/or Go development highly desirable
* Experience with public clouds (GCP & AWS) highly desirable
* Knowledge of deployments in Kubernetes containers highly desirable
* Proven experience and knowledge in any one of Big Data Technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, HBase, Presto etc.
* Experience in handling ETL pipelines, designing measurable SLAs for ETLs and handling of upstream and down stream data processing in near realtime.
* Experience in Open Source software development and CI/CD is desirable
* Experience in handling architectural and design considerations such as performance, scalability, reusability and flexibility issues
Do you love building highly scalable, distributed web applications that efficiently deal with large amounts of data? Does the idea of mastering a variety of big data technologies and building the right ones for each application make your heart leap? Would you like to work in a fast-paced environment where your technical abilities will be challenged on a day to day basis? Do you want your work to make a difference in the lives of millions of people who use Apple’s products and services? If so, this team is looking for a highly motivated, diligent, energetic individual with excellent written and oral skills who also is able to think creatively and question assumptions! In this role, you will be part of a fast growing, cohesive team with many exciting responsibilities related to Big Data, including: – Build a Big Data Cloud Platform – Setup of Kafka brokers, Kafka MirrorMakers and Kafka Zookeeper on hosts including a combination of bare metal systems, VMs and Containers. – Setup of Hadoop clusters with related technologies on hosts including a combination of bare metal systems, VMs and Containers. – Develop scalable, robust systems that will be highly adaptable to changing business needs. – Define/develop Big Data technologies, platforms and applications – Architect, improve, and scale applications to the next level. – Collaborate with application owners, developers and project managers. – Recommend and deploy tools and processes to enable rapid development, deployment and operations of big data solutions. – Be a specialist for application teams in advocating design of highly scalable, low latency / high throughput data processing, data conversion and ETL.
Education & Experience
BS Computer Science or equivalent (MS Preferred)