- Software Quality Engineering Manager, Apple Pay - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Performance Tools Engineer - Apple Maps App - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Full Stack Engineer- Apple Cloud Product Services - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Rendering and Graphics Engineer - 3D Display - Apple Maps - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Hardware System Integrator - Apple Home - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
Working at Apple means doing more than you ever thought possible and having more impact than you ever imagined.
Summary Posted: May 24, 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
The people here at Apple don’t just craft products – they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We are seeking a world-class procurement and supply chain talent to develop and implement service strategies in support of Apple’s Audio product lines. This position will work closely with contract manufacturers, suppliers and Apple cross-functional teams to drive down total cost and report out on associated price changes.
* Minimum 2+ years experience in Supplier and Supply chain Management in a high volume industry, such as Personal Computers or Consumer Electronics. Core skills should include contract negotiation, price negotiation, and supply chain design.
* Minimum 2+ years in dealing in an outsourced manufacturing or service model with overseas suppliers.
* Procurement experience, project management skills, and capable to work with cross functional teams
* Excellent communication (technical/engineering and business) as well as outstanding organization and leadership skills
* Understanding of Reverse logistics / Service Operations is a plus
In this position, you will design and implement solutions to achieve business critical metrics in the following areas: COST MANAGEMENT: Handle/Negotiate costs for new buys, repairs, warranty, and out-of-production replacement parts across all regions and repair channels. SUPPLIER MANAGEMENT: Manage suppliers’ performance in Service. Partner with the commodity leaders in Material/Operations to negotiate contractual terms in support of Service Operations’ business requirements in the areas of cost, continuity of supply, quality, and warranty. Drive suppliers to improve their infrastructure in support of our developing business needs. Help to coordinate and host quarterly business reviews as appropriate. REVERSE LOGISTICS: Design your repair and/or replacement supply chain to ensure continuity of supply for repairs at the lowest possible cost and at the highest possible service level. Evaluate supplier’s capacity availability and manage to required demand levels. Monitor suppliers planning and procurement activities in support of their operation to ensure continuity of supply, and compliance with Apple cost, quality and service level requirements. REUSE AND REPAIR: Work with cross functional teams to monitor and report on re-use yields and associated environmental benefits associated with whole unit and component re-use. Own and promote initiatives aimed at increasing re-use and avoiding waste throughout the service supply chain. In addition, you will maintain relationships with Planning, Purchasing, and Quality teams within AppleCare.
Education & Experience
BS or BA degree from an accredited 4 year college or university. MBA, MS, or professional credential is preferred. Experience in Supplier and Supply Chain Management in a high volume industry, such as Personal Computers or Consumer Electronics is preferred.