- iOS Engineer - Apple Pay Security - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Senior Data Engineering Manager, Apple Media Products Data Science & Analytics - Cupertino - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Software QA Engineer, Black Box - Apple Notes - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Apple Services Marketing Tools Web Program Manager - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Performance Tools Engineer - Apple Maps App - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
Working at Apple means doing more than you ever thought possible and having more impact than you ever imagined.
Summary Posted: Jan 6, 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
Are you a hardworking and inventive Firmware Engineer with the desire to research and craft solutions that do not yet exist? Will you join us to design, develop and ship products that set the standard for our industry? The Apple Accessories Firmware team wants you to help us build the next generation of accessories that will empower millions of customers to fully enjoy the ecosystem of Apple products! The Accessories Firmware Team is seeking an enthusiastic firmware engineer. This is an individual contributor design engineering position. The job entails working with cross-functional groups to continually push the envelope of technology implemented in Apple products.
* The ideal candidate will have 4+ years experience developing embedded firmware.
* Experience with MCUs, peripherals, features, and development environments.
* Experience with board bring up and digital hardware.
* Ability to design and integrate code into a shipping product.
* Solid C/C++ coding abilities. Experience with bare metal and RTOS based firmware development.
* Strong electrical system and software debugging skills. ICE/JTAG experience is preferred.
* Ability to read serial bus traces, board schematics, use an oscilloscope and logic analyzer.
* Mac OSX and/or iOS programming experience is a plus.
* Experience with serial interfaces (I2C,SPI,UART,USB) and communication protocols.
* Build system scripting (Python, bash, makefile), team workflow and continuous integration knowledge a plus.
As an Accessories Firmware Engineer, you will have responsibilities spanning all aspects of product development: collaborate with marketing and cross-functional engineering teams to define product features and requirements; play a lead role in defining system architecture to implement new accessories and accessory features; design, implement, debug, and test embedded C code running on 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit MCU’s for Apple-branded accessories; support electrical bring-up and debug of prototype hardware; work with internal teams and external contract manufacturers to bring products to mass production; collaborate with software teams to define accessory communication protocols; and enable expansion of accessory ecosystem features through creation of test tools and sample accessories.
Education & Experience
BS/CS/EE/CE or relevant work experience.