Novavax, Inc. (Nasdaq:NVAX) is a biotechnology company that creates transformational vaccines that address some of the world’s most pressing infectious diseases. We have more than a decade of experience contending with some of the world’s most devastating diseases, including COVID-19, seasonal influenza, RSV, Ebola, MERS, and SARS. Hard-won lessons and significant advances illustrate that our proven technology has tremendous potential to make a substantial contribution to public health worldwide.
Our scientists are committed to developing vaccine candidates for some of the world’s toughest viral threats by utilizing the power of our innovative recombinant nanoparticle vaccine platform. Our vaccine technology combines the power and speed of genetic engineering with the immunogenicity enhancing properties of our Matrix-M™ adjuvant to efficiently produce highly immunogenic particles targeting some of the most pressing viral infectious diseases.
Novavax, Inc. is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Uppsala, Sweden and Bohumil, Czech Republic.
Summary of the Position :
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant / Senior Administrative Assistant to provide executive level administrative support to the Senior Vice President, Vice Presidents, and Senior Directors in the CMC (PD/AD) department.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to :
- Maintain and update calendars in a fast-paced environment with many competing priorities including fielding all incoming scheduling requests, prioritizing the most urgent and sensitive matters and meetings, communicating with all parties, and ensuring that meetings are set up for success
- Coordinate internal and external meetings for multiple executives
- Coordinate complex domestic/international travel arrangements and logistics
- Prepare and submit expense reports and purchase requisitions
- Assist with IT requests for hardware, software applications and supplies within department standards and company procedures to meet business priorities
- Assist with the onboarding of CMC new hires
- Assist with departmental projects/events as requested
- Serve as backup to the CMC administrative staff
- General office duties as needed
- Other tasks may be assigned
Minimum Requirements :
- High School Diploma/GED required
- 5-8+ years of experience in an executive support setting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team player and collaborative personality
- Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment
- Highly flexible and able to work with ambiguous requirements
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of software applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, and other web-based applications
- Experience with Microsoft Teams preferred
- Prior experience working with a research & development organization is a plus
Novavax offers a base salary, annual bonus, equity grants, professional career development/growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Rx, STD, LTD, Life, Optional Life, 401(k) plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Novavax is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment and advancement opportunities are available to all individuals on an at-will basis, regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protective hairstyle, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Except where prohibited by applicable state law, this position requires that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you need a reasonable accommodation or qualify for an exemption.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 07:21:00 GMT