- Finance Assistant DDM Multiple duty stations (Karachi, Lahore) - Karachi, Sindh
- Finance Assistant Multiple duty stations( Karachi, Lahore, Quetta) - Karachi, Sindh
- Software Engineer - Karachi, Sindh
- Software Engineer - Karachi, Sindh
- Software Engineer - Karachi, Sindh
WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
Job Title: Logistics Associate (Quality Assurance)
Type of contract: Service Contract
Duration: 12 Months
Duty Station: Karachi
This vacancy announcement is for Pakistani nationals only.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary, pension, leave plus a medical insurance.*Remote work if applicable or/FWA until return to office or travel is possible due to covid-19 restrictions.
Ensure that quality of food items and packaging material are compliant with specifications.Provide technical oversight for the Logistics Assistants in Flour Mills (Tallies) and monitor quality measuresfor milling and flour fortification in collaboration with Logistics in respective geographical areas under theguidance of the RBB Food Technologist.Provide feedback to Logistics (for flour mills) and Procurement (for all other food items) to improve suppliers’ facility structural and equipment deficiencies that may cause food safety and hygienic risks resulting in non- compliance with WFP safety and quality standards.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide specialized support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.2. Coordinate requisitioning and ensure timely delivery of commodities and supplies to authorised partners and destinations.3. Manage logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.4. Support gathering market intelligence, vendor assessments (e.g. transporters, retailers) to support vendor selection process.5. Identify, resolve and/or provide recommendations on specialised queries/requests for support, using initiative and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of enquiries with excellent client service mind-set.6. Prepare, monitor and revise budget for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.7. Monitor inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.8. Support oversight for commodity accounting data quality and integrity.9. Analyse operational pipeline and contribute to assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities, to ensure that supply chain requirements are taken into consideration.10. Manage documentation processing for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating complex issues to the supervisor.11. Perform research, collect data and conduct analysis, produce reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems to enable informed decision-making.12. Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to support logistics operations management and contribute to effective service delivery.13. Supervise the work of support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines for all assistance modalities.14. Support logistics emergency preparedness and response activities including Logistics Capacity Assessment and Contingency Plan update, to support WFP’s response in emergencies.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Manage non-conformities of food products based on test results and findings form third-party inspections or personal observations in collaboration with Procurement and under guidance from the RBB Food Technologist. Serve as Food Incident Manager at CO in close coordination with the RBB Food Technologist and HQ/FSQM providing technical support to internal and external parties throughout the supply chain for all food items.Monitor and evaluate technical services from Inspection Companies and Laboratories to verify commodity conformance with contractual specifications.In collaboration with Procurement, manage corrective action and preventive action protocol to comply with regulatory requirements for identifying cause, restore control, and modify procedures or improve the food safety system and prevent re-occurrence.Prepare the monthly Food Release Status Report for all food items in collaboration with the procurement team.Assume responsibility for the remaining Maamta registration and approval steps to be taken as handed over by the Food Technologist prior to his departure.Assist Procurement in the completion of new LNS supplier approval procedures and necessary factory audits.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Education: Completion of higher secondary school education, preferably supplemented by a university degree in Microbiology, Bio-chemistry, Food Technology/Food Science.
Experience: Overall six or more years of progressively responsible work experience including minimum 2 years experience in quality control in the food industry, implementing food technology related tools and protocols, and monitoring food production facilities.Language:General Service (Field): Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
Skills and capabilities:Fully conversant on Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point(HACCP) principles for food processing plants and wheat flour mills.Ability to determine necessary parameters to test objectionable food items samples and technicalknowledge to interpret laboratory analysis reports.Well-developed facility to interact productively with factory and inspection company personnel at all levels including management.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Experience maintaining corporate systems and running queries on ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.• Experience in administering third party service providers’ contracts.• Experience in compiling contract documentation.• Experience in contract execution.• Experience in budget monitoring and reporting.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This job is based in Field Office Karachi. Under the supervision of the Head of Procurement and the overall supervision and guidance of the Head of the Supply Chain, the incumbent will receive technical guidance from the RBB Food Technologist.
LINK TO APPLY:
Job date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 02:19:24 GMT