- Consultant (EPI) - Peshawar, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
- Provincial monitoring officer - Lahore, Punjab - Peshawar, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
- Search Engine Optimizer / SEO Expert - Peshawar, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
- Consultant (EPI) - Peshawar, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
- Tracking Assistant - Peshawar, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
As part of these responsibilities the post holder will promote a culture of keeping children safe, and ensure that potential harm to children (by our own staff and/or as a result of how we do our work) is identified and addressed on an ongoing basis. The post holder should report and respond to interventions as determined by position related responsibilities identified in the Child Safeguarding Policy.
Under direct supervision of Area Director KPK, the Finance Coordinator is expected to perform financial duties around accounting cycle and internal control environment, including; to ensure accuracy of accounting records & system, adherence of organizational policies & procedures and to ensure compliance of statutory obligations.
S/he is expected to ensure that financial regulations and controls are in place at all times and all the financial transactions are administered, recorded and reported in accordance with both Save the Children and donor policies and procedures. The post holder will ensure that financial record keeping is accurate and meet the required standard
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Save the Children is expending its Flood Response Operation in KPK and for the purpose, an office will be established in KPK. The purpose is to provide support to the children in particular and community at large through humanitarian relief and rehabilitation programmes delivered in support of Government of Pakistan priorities and policies both directly and through local partners. Current programming focuses on Child Protection, Child Rights Governance, Education, Health & Nutrition, FSL and Shelter /NFI.
The Finance Coordinator will be based in the field office in KPK directly supporting program implemented across KPK
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- The position holder will ensure that all accounting transactions are recorded in Agresso in compliance with:
– Save the Children policies and procedures as well as the Scheme of Delegation
– Donor’s policies and procedures and
– Statutory obligations [relevant TAX and VAT laws, compliance with GAAP]
- The post holder will ensure that each accounting transaction have a proper audit trail and supporting documents. The post holder will also ensure that the supporting documents are secured and archived in a retrievable manner
- S/he will ensure Scanning of payment vouchers for uploading them in Agresso /shared folder
- The post holder will be the focal point for all internal and external audits at field level from accounting side and will ensure that all audit queries are addressed timely and in an appropriate manner.
Cash Flow Management & Projections
- S/he will work with budget holders to estimate funds request on a timely basis to ensure resources are in place for carrying out program activities
- In consultation with Area Director, s/he will ensure preparation and submission of cash flow requirements for the field office
- S/he will ensure that sufficient but not excessive funds are available for carrying out project activities in the field office
- S/he will ensure all payments to suppliers are made in a timely and accurate manner following organizational policies
- The post holder will manage and control cash in hand for field office including ensuring weekly and monthly cash reconciliation and daily cash counts.
- The post holder will also ensure proper management of field office bank account, ensure that bank mandate is followed and signatories list is up to date for field office. The post holder will also support Finance & Grants Specialist for bank reconciliations on monthly basis
- S/he will keep oversight of cash & bank balance and will ensure field office maintains its KPI for cash balances at the end of each month
Online Mobile /Bank Payments
- Makes sure Events and workshop payments are planned properly for cash flow purpose and during the events documentation are collected and initiated for timely payments.
- Coordinate with program team on online bank payment processing, get their activity schedule and likely payments coming week/month for timely support.
- Guide program team on the expected compliance documents for payments.
- Prepare Excel based required online payment information, get complete supporting documentation and share approved payment documents to Islamabad Office for payment.
- Coordinate with Islamabad Office Colleagues for payment and subsequent status.
- Keep up to date tracking sheet for all payment submitted to Islamabad Office.
- Ensure all transactions field offices are recorded accurately from all aspects in Agresso and system is up to date for postings on weekly basis. This may require submission of Agresso GLACOS for review of Finance Manager before posting is Islamabad.
- Ensure preparation and accuracy for month-end financial report package for submission to Islamabad country office. The month end financial package should include necessary schedules, reconciliations, effort reporting, payroll, and severance schedules etc.
- Follow-up on pending advance /receivable balances from staff member and ensure compliance of SCI policy is adhered at all levels. S/he will prepare a list of outstanding floats for Area Director on a weekly basis and follow up to ensure retirement of all floats as per policy
- The post holder will ensure accuracy of posting in accordance Save the Children Policies & Procedures and Guidelines
- S/he will ensure field office KPIs for recording and posting are met according to set benchmarks i.e. weekly basis
Budget vs Actual Report
- Assist Budget Holders for periodic forecast and ensure that the budget holders understand forecast process and their budget forecast is aligned with the activities plan
- Assist Area Director for Budget vs. Actual review and facilitate BVA review meetings on monthly basis with program teams
- Ensure that action points from those meeting are followed and corrections are accounted for in the system
- Assist Area Director for preparation of future proposals and support Finance Manager for preparation of financial reports in line with donor requirements.
- Support and assist budget holder for coding accounting transactions as per SOD.
- The post holder will ensure that an up to date assets register is maintained by supply chain team
- The post holder will assist Finance Manager for stock counts and reconciliations on periodic basis
- S/he will assist the Area Director, Programme Manager and Finance Manager of any operational challenges or discrepancies relating to the financial management of the programme in a timely manner.
- In consultation with Finance Manager and Head of Awards, support program teams on grants compliance matters and other donors rules and regulations
- Represent the Finance Department on the Procurement Committee, in opening and evaluation of procurement bids
- Ensure SCI’s policies on Fraud and Dishonesty are followed in daily routines, and complied at all level in accounting cycle.
- Ensure induction training for all staff on matters associated with finance & compliance, and periodic refresher training at field office level
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and members accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Creates a managerial environment to lead, enable and maintain our culture of child safeguarding.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a country wide/global scale
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Cuts away bureaucracy and encourages an entrepreneurial approach
- honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence displays consistent excellent judgement
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree / Diploma in Accounting/Finance.
- Master Degree/ CA/ ACCA /CPA is highly desirable and will have a value added for application
- At least 4-5 years accounting and administration experience preferably in NGO Sector
- Knowledge of computerized accounting application is must requirement with strong analytical skills in spreadsheets
- Demonstrated good skills and experience in managing financial, office administration and logistics systems
- Attention to detail and accuracy, strict adherence to organizational policies, procedures and internal control systems.
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills and strong analytical approach and attention to detail. Fluency in written and oral English communication skills is a requirement.
- Ability to support, work with and interpret financial reports to staff with limited financial skills.
- Commitment to, and understanding of, Save the Children’s Vision, Mission, values, principals, and the Child Protection Policy
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform;
- Ability to work independently to a high professional standard
- Ability and willingness to live in an isolated conservative environment in sub-office base with other staff;
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Creates a managerial environment to lead, enable and maintain our culture of child safeguarding
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
NOTE: As the position advertised is for Emergency response; to fill the position on urgent basis, position might close before due date.
Job date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 00:22:23 GMT