- Go To Market Project Manager - TradePoint - Eastleigh, Hampshire
- Assistant Buyer - Eastleigh, Hampshire
- Digital Trade Planner - Eastleigh, Hampshire
- Pricing Assistant - Eastleigh, Hampshire
- Marketplace Operational Excellence Manager - Eastleigh, Hampshire
Permanent, Full Time
£50,000 – £60,000 + Bonus+ Pension + BUPA + ShareSave + 6.6 weeks holiday + hybrid working
Southampton, Store Support Office/ Hybrid Working
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us and you’ll be a big part of this.
At B&Q we have a hybrid approach to working to increase flexibility in how we work. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
What’s the job?
Finding and acquiring new retail Express stores is fundamental to the growth of our business and the delivery of the B&Q expansion ambition.
You will be responsible for; finding, selecting, negotiating, and coordinating the acquisition of suitable retail premises to meet our new store opening targets.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
– Deliver the Express store acquisition programme for new, small format stores, from existing high street, new build and retail warehousing stock, to meet and exceed the annual business requirement
– Develop deal structures and undertake tactical negotiations to gain competitive advantage in dealings with Landlords
– Manage the acquisition process from site identification through to hand over (for fit out) and liaising with internal and external stakeholders as required.
– Build and develop the relationship with external professional consultants and agencies to achieve efficient, cost effective and highly productive project teams in order to drive results
– Prepare robust business cases and concise, accurate, board submissions for new store acquisitions and occasional asset management led opportunities
– Collate, review and analyse property and financial data to support articulation of business cases and demonstrate deliverables from planned property strategies
– Maintain a broad, detailed understanding of the retail and property markets to identify advantageous practices or trends within the industry
– Work effectively with the Estate Management team to document and maintain accurate property and transactional records
Key Business Relationships:
– Works with the Location Analyst and Finance teams to assess the viability of store locations & opportunities
– Works with the external Legal team to ensure the legality and compliancy of all contracts and dealings
– Supports the Store Development team to enable timely delivery of cost-effective projects
– Engages with agents, consultants and the commercial property industry to achieve objectives
– Supports the Estate Surveyors to ensure accurate and complete property records are maintained
Key Decision Rights:
– Responsible for providing recommendations about store locations for submission to Board approval
– Responsible for providing recommendations of financial elements of deals and agreements
– Responsible for decisions concerning the instruction and payment of external consultant /agent’s fees
What we need:
- Previous experience of managing store acquisitions and enabling delivery of new formats
- Sound knowledge and application of Landlord & Tenant Acts and town planning
- Thorough knowledge of legal process, property and contract law
- Confident communicator providing advice and recommendations in a clear and concise manner
- MRICS qualified preferred but not essential
What’s in it for me?
As well as a competitive salary, our benefits package includes an award-winning pension scheme, bonus, shareSave options, 6.6 weeks holiday, payroll giving, an Employee Assistance Programme, shopping discounts, colleague wellbeing benefits and lots more!
As part of a great team, you’ll be supported to grow and encouraged to explore new career directions within the business and the wider group. And, because you’ll be inspiring great things for our customers and the whole business, you’ll do work worth caring about.
Expected salary: £50000 – 60000 per year GBP
Job date: Thu, 13 Oct 2022 23:21:06 GMT