- Senior Business Developer, Amazon Freight - London
- Business Developer, Amazon Freight - London
- Product Marketing Manager, Amazon Business - London
- Sr. Product Marketing Manager - Customer Lifecycle Marketing, Amazon Fuse - London
- Sr. Technical Program Manager, Amazon Deals - London
At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people.
As a key member of the leadership team, the Senior Business Operations Manager will act as a business partner to the Senior Talent Acquisition (TA) Manager for the Amazon Security EMEA TA business. This is a role which will provide a development opportunity for somebody to act as a seamless extension of the leader of the organization, allowing the TA leader to scale and operate more productively across their organization, while serving as counsel and advocate. In this role, the Sr. Business Operations Manager will partner with the Senior Talent Acquisition Manager’s leadership team and a wide array of Amazon stakeholders, and will be expected to influence and drive decisions, and work with other senior leaders across the broader Amazon TA organizations.
This position requires superior analytical strength, attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication, and the ability to synthesize moving parts of the business to drive the business forward. The role demands a strong sense of urgency, the ability to influence and make sound judgement calls, and willingness to roll up your sleeves. The individual will need to effectively work with the TA Leader, their direct reports, global partners, Amazon Security business ops/finance and our central program and data analytics teams. The right candidate for the role will possess a strong financial management background, and must be able to thrive and succeed in an ever changing environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities.
This role is posted in London but can be conducted from other Amazon office locations in EMEA.
- Partner with the Senior TA Leader and their leadership team to develop an engaging, motivating vision and operating tents for the broader organization
- Develop and execute work-backwards plans to ensure key strategic deliverables such as Annual Operating Plans and ensure they are completed on time to high quality standards
- Partner with the organization’s Security Recruiting Operations team to implement a mechanism to set, manage and track goals, and ensure accountability for results
- Ensure timely and quality completion of key inspection deliverables including Weekly Business Reviews (WBRs) and Monthly Operating Reviews (MORs)
- Author periodic recruiting updates (frequency will vary depending upon context) for business leaders on progress by TA towards fulfilling recruiting goals
- Use strong analytical skills to tell the story around the operational metrics and supporting data and provide actionable insights to raise the bar on organizational performance and drive path-to-green plans as needed
- Partner with the Senior Business Operations Managers and Senior Program Managers in peer organizations to ensure tight alignment, facilitate the sharing (and proliferation) of information of best-known practices, and drive synchronization and collaboration in connection with shared goals and deliverables
- Communicate across global stakeholders at all levels and be able to know the business well enough (with the data to back it up) to represent the Senior Recruiting leader in leadership team meetings, and also deputize when required
- Own cadence, agendas and content of the Senior TA Leader’s leadership team meetings, and set quality standards for materials presented, and coach people on how best to use their allotted time
- Establish and own execution of mechanisms to facilitate the bi-directional communication between the Senior TA Manager and their organization
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
The TA team puts a high value on work-life harmony. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
The TA team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded Amazonians and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
BA or BS degree or equivalent experience · 10+ years of program management experience leading complex large-scale or multiple mid-sized projects, including identifying partners and sub-project owners · Experience defining project scope, timeline, cost and risk, including building business cases and other analytical assessments · Prior experience negotiating with both internal and external stakeholders, including meeting facilitation skills · Experience working with Program Management and/or Agile technologies such as Asana, Jira, Confluence, etc. Prior experience managing direct reports.
· 7+ years of Finance or Business Operations experience
· 2+ years of Amazon Talent Acquisition experience
· 3+ years of experience developing operating and long range plans
· 3+ years of experience modeling and forecasting organizational headcount
· Proven track record of taking end-to-end ownership and driving results; demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects or programs- work prioritization, planning, and coordination across teams
· High attention to detail, bias for action and ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice
· Advanced writing skills
· Experienced in working with and influencing Directors, VPs, and Senior Leaders
· Proven ability to think and plans ahead, prioritize short and long term, and manages time not only effectively
· Strong bias for action; ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Proven experience working cross functionally and holding people accountable for deliverables without a formal reporting structure
· Proven experience working in a fast-paced environment, dealing with ambiguity, and managing tight and demanding schedules
· Excellent critical thinking capabilities
· Strong listening and negotiation skills
· Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT – 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).
Job date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 06:44:36 GMT