**Except where prohibited by applicable state law, this position requires that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you need a reasonable accommodation or qualify for an exemption.**
If you find science, speed, and success exhilarating, you have come to the right place.
Novavax, Inc (Nasdaq:NVAX) is a biotechnology company that creates transformational vaccines that address some of the world’s most pressing infectious diseases. We have more than a decade of experience contending with some of the world’s most devastating diseases, including COVID-19, seasonal influenza, RSV, Ebola, MERS, and SARS. Hard-won lessons and significant advances illustrate that our proven technology has tremendous potential to make a substantial contribution to public health worldwide.
Our scientists are committed to developing vaccine candidates for some of the world’s toughest viral threats by utilizing the power of our innovative recombinant nanoparticle vaccine platform. Our vaccine technology combines the power and speed of genetic engineering with the immunogenicity enhancing properties of our Matrix-M™ adjuvant to efficiently produce highly immunogenic particles targeting some of the most pressing viral infectious diseases.
Novavax, Inc. is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Uppsala, Sweden and Bohumil, Czech Republic.
We are expanding our Accounting Operations team and are seeking a Manager/Senior Manager of Accounts Payable to support our growing operations and functional business partner alignment strategy. The role will manage a team of individuals responsible for invoice processing, vendor relations, and payment execution and partners with other team leaders to jointly contribute to the success of the Accounts Payable function. The role will be a key business partner to designated operational areas (Research and Development, Commercial Operations or General and Administrative) and will report to the Director of Accounts Payable. The successful candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, is a strong leader, team player, and problem solver who demonstrates outstanding customer service. The role will ensure the tactical execution of operational business processes, objectives and new initiatives.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage an Accounts Payable functional team, ensuring accurate and timely processing of 2-way and 3-way match invoices for assigned cost centers
- Partner with other Accounts Payable functional leaders to oversee the full Accounts Payable cycle, including weekly payment run coordination and vendor analyses
- Review SAP blocked, parked, GR/IR, and accounts payable aging reports, facilitate issue resolution by engaging appropriate cross-functional team members
- Act as a key business partner for designated operational functions, participate in business strategy and process teams, proactively provide guidance, status and assistance
- Develop relationships with internal stakeholders, external vendors, and Novavax subsidiaries, ensure a high level of customer service with timely communication, support and problem resolution
- Manage related Accounts Payable activities within SAP, be a subject matter expert for procure to pay policies and processes
- Identify solutions, process improvements, and resourcing requirements to maximize team efficiency
- Assist in the execution of key initiatives in the procure to pay process, including automated invoice processing and payment solutions, ACH integration, and global expansion efforts/shared services
- Ensure compliance with Accounting Operations policies for day-to-day invoice processing, conduct processes to address stale dated checks, unclaimed property and 1099 reporting
- Manage, empower and support direct reports and Accounts Payable team members
- Prepare Accounts Payable related month end close schedules and reconciliations
- Support external audit and SOX control requests, maintain internal controls and compliance
- 7-9+ years’ experience managing accounts payable and related processes
- B.S. degree in Accounting or Finance and CPA a plus
- Pharmaceutical or Biotech industry experience a plus
- Proficiency with SAP preferred, including system implementation projects
- Demonstrated written and verbal ability to communicate clearly and with internal clients and individuals at all levels of the organization
- Understands the importance of being a support service function and builds stakeholder relationships
- Strong leader with ability to coach and develop team members
- Proactive, makes independent assessments and presents possible solutions timely
- Acts with integrity, understands internal controls within Accounting Operations
- Excellent project management skills
- Must be proficient in MS Excel and have a working knowledge of other MS Office Software
Novavax offers a base salary, annual bonus, equity grants, professional career development/growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Rx, STD, LTD, Life, Optional Life, 401(k) plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Novavax is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment and advancement opportunities are available to all individuals on an at-will basis, regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protective hairstyle, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 06:47:02 GMT