Sheridan Maine are currently working on an exclusive basis with a successful and established business based on the Ferndown Industrial Estate to recruit for an Assistant Accountant to join their finance team.
Reporting into the Financial Controller, the successful candidate will provide support at a transactional level, but also assist with developing processes and ways to improve their current ways of working. This position would suit someone who is highly organised, accurate and used to working in a fast paced and busy office environment.
- Processing purchase ledger invoices
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Dealing with suppliers to resolve queries on purchase invoices
- Balance sheet and Bank reconciliations
- Accruals and prepayments
- Preparation of monthly payroll timesheets
- Managing the Fixed Asset register
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly management accounts
- Processing of VAT returns
- Supporting in the year end processes
- Processing and reconciliation of Credit Card, and cash expense claims
- Processing payment runs
- Previous experience working in a similar broad Accounts Assistant / Assistant Accountant position
- A minimum of AAT Level 3 completed
- Strong IT knowledge and experience including Excel
- Excellent time management and communication skills
This is a great opportunity to forge a career in an industry leading organisation which is continuously seeking to be the best at what they do.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you are keen to hear more please click on “apply” above as soon as possible.
Expected salary: £25000 – 30000 per year GBP
Job date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 06:02:57 GMT