- Safe Digital Environment Enabling Specialist - Islamabad
- PROPERTY CONTROL AND INVENTORY ASSISTANT - Islamabad
- Training Associate - Islamabad
- Regional Specialist - Islamabad
- Field Engineer - Support to Strengthen Operational Capacities of Border Management Authorities in Pakistan - Islamabad
WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability. ABOUT JOB
Job Title: Procurement Associate
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Duration: 12 Months
Duty Station: Islamabad, Pakistan
This vacancy announcement is for Pakistani nationals only. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary, pension, leave plus a medical insurance.*Remote work if applicable or/FWA until return to office or travel is possible due to covid-19 restrictions. JOB PURPOSE
To provide coordination, administrative services and research to support the efficient and effective procurement services. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide operational coordination and administrative services, to support procurement projects and activities, following standard processes and contributing to the effective procurement of goods and services.2. Identify and recommend potential suppliers, and compile data/documents to support the selection of suppliers, ensuring standard processes are followed.3. Review, record and prioritise purchasing requests, and provide support to requisitioners, in order to support the procurement of appropriate goods and services, at lowest cost to WFP.4. Contribute to negotiations with new suppliers on terms and conditions of orders, alongside a senior officer, in order to obtain the best terms and lowest costs for WFP.5. Prepare Purchase Orders, contracts and any supporting documentation for approval by the appropriate stakeholder, and approve purchases within delegated authority, to enable the swift purchase of goods and services.6. Resolve issues related to delivered goods, using initiative, liaising with all parties and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of problems.7. Research, collect and analyse data in order to produce reports to enable informed decision-making by Procurement Officers, and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.8. Manage updates and further develop databases and records, to ensure information is accurate, organised, and available for others to access, and supports reporting requirements.9. Maintain relationships with internal counterparts, to support the alignment of procurement activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs.10. Supervise the work of support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines.11. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to support WFP to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis. STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Education:Completion of secondary school education supplemented by first level university degree in supply chain, business administration, economics, commerce, or related field.
Experience:Minimum 5 to 6 years experience in Food Procurement preferably with UN or INGOs/NGOs.
Knowledge & Skills:Demonstrated familiarity with locally purchased commodities/goods/services (e.g., cash based, in-kind donations).Experience conducting supplier research and coordinating with retailers, wholesalers and traders.Demonstrated knowledge of procurement processes and linkages with other operations (e.g., logistics).
Language: General Service (Field): Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different. ABOUT WFP
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT
This job is based Country Office Islamabad, and report to Procurement Officer or delegated official.
Job holders at this level demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries and problems with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems daily. Job holders have a level of expertise and knowledge to adapt and contribute to the development of systems and processes to continually improve the level of support provided. Job holders supervise, provide technical advice, coach, and coordinate a team of support staff.
LINK TO APPLY:
Job date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 04:45:53 GMT