- Associate Software Engineer - Lahore, Punjab
- Libraries Manager - Lahore, Punjab
- Full Stack Software Engineer (MERN) - Lahore, Punjab
- Operations Planning Officer - Lahore, Punjab
- Jr. Graphic Designer - Social Media Marketing - Lahore, Punjab
WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability. ABOUT JOB
Job Title: IT Operations Assistant
Type of contract: Service Contract
Duration: 12 Months
Duty Station: Lahore, Pakistan
This vacancy announcement is for Pakistani nationals only. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary, pension, leave plus a medical insurance.*Remote work if applicable or/FWA until return to office or travel is possible due to covid-19 restrictions. JOB PURPOSE
WFP in collobration with BISP has launched an Online App to support this programme with the centralized database connected with NADRA and BISP. IT has key role to make sure the connectivity and hardware support. This is supported through an App on Tabs used for beneficiary registration, verification process, distribution, transfer etc. Additionally there are centralized UPS’s installed for the stable power to run the IT equipment installed at these sites.
To deliver high quality technical support, system and data maintenance across a range of areas, in order to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Carry out system maintenance tasks, such as performing monitoring tasks, running system diagnostics, and system optimisation, to ensure they are running effectively and enable easy and efficient use.2. Maintain technology, including standard repairs, configuration, and storage, in accordance with data security and access controls to ensure IT equipment required for WFP staff is available.3. Prepare files and systems for inventory and archives, such as website content and directories, to ensure information is accurate and up-to-date.4. Allocate tasks to other colleagues, ensuring that tasks are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines, to support the effective delivery of services.5. Respond to a variety of queries about technology and systems in order to assist WFP staff to deliver their services.6. With support of senior colleagues, provide standard training to end users of technology and systems to ensure staff use standard technology and systems effectively.7. Perform routine deployments of server hardware and software, including testing and the identification of problems, to contribute to the effective functioning of technology.8. Responsible for maintaining information records such as updating web pages and statistical databases to ensure the information is current and well organised.9. Install, operate and maintain telecommunications systems and equipment, to ensure optimal services in compliance with standard operations procedures.10. Support the development of standard material such as training documentation and web content on behalf of senior officers, to ensure staff have access to required information about IT services and products.11. Suggest improvements to methods and processes in order to support the continuous improvement of IT services.12. Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met. ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Network monitoring & analyze networking problems, recommend solutions to modify and improve equipment, facilities and services.2. Provide IT Service desk function and ensure that IT support to PO staff is being provided according to agreed levels and within agreed defined time frame.3. Ensure all WFP offices and staff have adequate connectivity with maximum availability and minimized down time;4. Ensure appropriate data security and access controls considering both local and wide area issues. Define firewall policies for security & traffic auditing.5. Responsible for all network security related operations which include user accounts/groups and ensuring that all systems capabilities and restrictions are implemented.6. Administer & maintain use of the LAN and WAN devices, servers, server cluster and manage systems backups.7. Implement, manage and train on computer-based applications including the development, provision of ICT infrastructure, needs assessment, networking and resource sharing and application management and engineering; to deliver high quality technical support, system and data maintenance across a range of areas.8. Coordination with BISP application development for application support issues.9. Perform other related duties as required. STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Completion of secondary education; Training in area of Information Technology; Formal trainings on Windows Operating Systems; Formal trainings on Cisco devices, LAN, WAN equipment.Desirable: University degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field is an asset.
Experience:At least four years of progressive relevant experience in operation of computers, hardware maintenance/trouble-shooting and software supportDesirable: Related experience in a UN/international organization is an asset.
Language: Fluency in Elglish, Urdu or local languages ABOUT WFP
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT
WFP is supporting Govt of Pakistan in implementation of BISP nutrition programme to reduce high rates of chronic malnutrition (stunting) across Pakistan. BISP utilizes the existing primary health care system to implement stunting prevention programmes which include the provision of specialized nutritious foods. The programmes target pregnant and lactating women and children under the age of 2 enrolled in the Government’s national unconditional cash transfer scheme.WFP in collobration with BISP has launched an Online App to support this programme with the centralized database connected with NADRA and BISP. IT has key role to make sure the connectivity and hardware support. This is supported through an App on Tabs used for beneficiary registration, verification process, distribution, transfer etc. Additionally there are centralized UPS’s installed for the stable power to run the IT equipment installed at these sites.
This job is based in Provincial office Lahore. Job holder will report to a Head of PO and Head of the Unit, Information Technology Officer, or the designate.At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other staff. DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has experience resolving more complex technical issues.• Has worked with head of units in defining requirements for functional area.• Has experience with the application of client services standards to resolve or escalate clients’ service problems. LINK TO APPLY:
Job date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 04:27:50 GMT