- iOS Engineer - Apple Pay Security - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Senior Data Engineering Manager, Apple Media Products Data Science & Analytics - Cupertino - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Software QA Engineer, Black Box - Apple Notes - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Apple Services Marketing Tools Web Program Manager - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Performance Tools Engineer - Apple Maps App - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
Working at Apple means doing more than you ever thought possible and having more impact than you ever imagined.
Summary Posted: Mar 15, 2022
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish! The Communication Applications team is seeking an experienced and hard-working engineer to find major problems in our software so our customers don’t have to. Our team designs and engineers the communication cornerstones of iOS, macOS, and watchOS: the Messages, FaceTime, and Phone applications. We’re also the hard workers behind IDS, the communication backend for iMessage, FaceTime, Apple Watch, Continuity, Apple Push Service, HomeKit, and more. We need someone who is comfortable with constantly evolving priorities, the ability to invent new ways to test our software, the ability to find problems no one else could, and to build amazing products.
* 2+ years experience crafting, maintaining, and executing tests plans at all application layers
* 2+ years experience with blackbox testing
* Strong experience in Python, Perl, shell scripting, version control systems, object-oriented methodology, and other related tools /scripting languages
* Experience in testing and automating APIs, UIs and Native Applications
* Working knowledge of C/C++ or Objective-C
* Proficient with bug tracking software like Bugzilla and Jira
* Adept at debugging, troubleshooting, and critical thinking
* Experience with cross-functional projects
* A great teammate with the ability to act as a mentor and peer leader
* Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
The Communication Applications team is a passionate and tight-knit collection of engineers who build powerful automation, cultivate learning, and lead cross-functional efforts to success. This is a high-impact team looking to hire a high-impact individual. Your responsibilities will include working side-by-side with developers and peers to build and implement test plans for new features prior to their announcement and release. We determine the reproduction steps, scope, and customer impact of bugs to make it clear how to prioritize bugs. You will coordinate testing efforts for major new cross-functional features, and escalate critical bugs and work with developers to prioritize the fixes. We provide feedback on new features prior to integrating them into future releases to ensure Messages, FaceTime, and Phone provide a superior experience on new hardware prior to its release. If this sounds like a great opportunity, please apply!
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent