Working at Apple means doing more than you ever thought possible and having more impact than you ever imagined.
Summary Posted: Jul 27, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Apple is where people do the best work of their careers. Work that has an impact on individuals and the world. Work that is exciting and fulfilling. Work that doesn’t always feel like work! As part of Apple’s Corporate Communications department, the Internal Communications team is seeking an Internal Communications Lead – News and Channels to collaborate on world-class internal communications channels for our employees across all businesses and geographies. Internal communications at Apple connects our people to our purpose by bringing our values to life, communicating about products and initiatives, and elevating the employee experience. Our team informs Apple, whether it’s about our innovative products and services, or the culture and values that drive what we do. One way we do this is through the art of storytelling. As a member – and leader – of our News and Channels team within Internal Comms, you’ll work with a number of writers, digital experts, editors, designers, and more to ideate and create innovative, compelling content and campaigns across our channels to maximize our reach and impact. This role works with internal partners and subject matter experts to lead, develop and elevate our primary internal channels as well as to advise, produce and implement communications targeted towards Apple’s global employees. As an organization that is fast-paced and always wants to be at the forefront of what we do, we’re looking for a candidate who is forward-looking and excited about evolving the channels of today and developing the channels of the future. We’re looking for someone who is a proactive, strategic planner of robust editorial content across many internal channels. We need a strategic thinker-someone who can connect the dots, and knows the difference between a story and what is a proof point to a much larger narrative. You should be high-energy, visionary, strategic, proactive, highly-organized and able to thrive in a fast paced, complex environment. The ability to communicate clearly and concisely is a requirement.
At least 10+ years successfully leading editorial and content teams, and creating and driving content strategies
* Experience in an internal comms organization or news outlet, publishing, corporate communications, and/or brand marketing team, or top online publisher or media company
* Passion for strengthening corporate culture and productivity, and building community within a global, diverse workforce
* Outstanding written and oral communication skills
* Strong leadership with an emphasis on coaching, collaboration, proactivity, and flexibility, and is able to rally people and influence to get things done
* Strong project and program management skills, with the ability to drive multiple priorities simultaneously
* Curiosity and a passion for using storytelling to create compelling experiences
* Preference for variety over consistency (predictable patterns of repeated activities) in one’s workday
* Ability to cut through ambiguity
* Aptitude for influencing others and getting people on board with an idea or direction
In this role, you’ll lead Apple’s digital and editorial internal content strategy, elevate and drive our internal storytelling capabilities (including channels), and showcase stories that matter, have impact, and make a difference for our employees. It will be up to you to determine what stories we tell, and in what format we tell them, how we amplify them across our owned channels, and what new channels and methods we should explore and implement. The ideal candidate has internal comms experience, with a journalistic mindset, editorial strength, superb writing and copyediting skills, experience creating content strategies that build and grow audiences, and knows how to keep their finger on the pulse of the organization to drive great storytelling opportunities.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree, editorial writing, marketing, or related field preferred.
Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
* We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.