- Utility Worker- Denver Arts and Venues - Denver, CO
- Building Engineer- Denver Arts and Venues - Denver, CO
- Senior Intake Technician - Denver Human Services - Denver, CO
- Maintenance Liaison - Denver Human Services - Denver, CO
- Child Support Establishment Technician - Denver Human Services - Denver, CO
City and County of Denver
About Our Job
The City and County of Denver utilizes a hybrid model workplace that balances the responsibilities of public service with the benefits of a flexible work environment. Employees work where needed, at a city site and/or in the field at least two days a week and telecommute remotely at a designated workplace within the State of Colorado the remaining days.
Denver International Airport (DEN) is the third-busiest airport in the United States and one of the top ten busiest airports in the world, connecting our community globally through flight and business. DEN is the primary economic engine for the state of Colorado, generating more than $33 billion for the region annually and employing nearly 30,000 people. At DEN, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We celebrate individuality and uplift all races, ethnicities, gender identities, national origins, ages, abilities, religion, and LGBTQIA+ communities. We know that our diversity makes us stronger, and we strive to keep diversity, equity and inclusion at the center of all that we do.
DEN is looking for an IT Security Specialist to join our Information Security team. The Information Security team is responsible for the protection of DEN’s information, infrastructure, and IT services by the application of the following programs: security architecture, security operations, risk management, and compliance.
In this position, you will provide general cybersecurity expertise serve as intermediary between Information Security and Business Technology teams, providing engineering and operational risk management of DEN’s data and service availability. Additionally, you will have an opportunity to accomplish the following:
- Collaborate with Network Engineering team to create roadmaps and plans to manage and support the lifecycle of our portfolio of network security devices such as Firewalls, VPN Devices, IPS Systems, URL Filtering, DDoS, Web Application Firewalls, etc.
- Provide direct support and administration of endpoint VPN technologies
- Create policies, processes, and procedures for securing IT infrastructure
- Collaborate with Networking and SOC teams to maximize visibility into network traffic
- Perform general information security risk assessments and write summary reports for existing and new IT services and new technology projects related to information security
- Guide Information Security program in security technologies road mapping to ensure business needs are met and business risk is forecasted and addressed
- Monitor information security trends and keep leadership informed about information security-related issues relevant to DEN
- Guide secure technology decisions by partnering across functions to ensure best practices are followed and to ensure the application of advanced cybersecurity capabilities of platforms such as Cisco and Palo Alto Networks are being utilized
- Practice supply chain security though vendor and contract reviews as well; educate others in the practice of secure supply chain
- Provide network security expertise to your Information Security team peers
- Create network diagram documentation for existing and proposed Information Security services
- Additional projects and responsibilities as assigned
We are looking for candidates with some or all the following experience:
- The ability to be self-directed as well as the ability to work independently and within groups
- Sensitivity to accuracy, timeliness, and professionalism
- A strong background and experience in Cybersecurity and Networking
- Security operations center experience
- Securing hybrid cloud (AWS/Azure) computing environments
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Mathematics or a related field.
- Experience: Three (3) years of administering information security systems to include any or all of the following: information security architecture, information security procedures and controls, physical security, attack & penetration testing, application testing, information assurance program gap analysis and incident response.
- Equivalency: One (1) year of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post high school education. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
FBI Background Check: FBI criminal background check is required for all positions at Denver International Airport (DEN). Employees are also required to report any felony convictions and/or moving violations to maintain this clearance and be eligible for continued employment. By position, a pre-employment physical/drug test may be required.
Snow / Emergency Duties: Denver International Airport is a 24/7/365 team operation. If weather conditions warrant or an emergency crisis occurs, all DEN employees can be required to work extended hours and/or shifts.
About Everything Else
Job Profile CI2796 IT Security Specialist
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click .
Position Type Unlimited
Position Salary Range $105,111.00 – $178,689.00
Starting Pay Based on Education and Experience
Agency Denver International Airport
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click for English or for Spanish.
Expected salary: $105111 – 178689 per year USD
Job date: Mon, 03 Oct 2022 06:02:12 GMT