Offering a complete ecosystem of maritime services, including broking, finance, port services and research, Clarksons is at the heart of global shipping. Our unrivalled reach, expertise, and depth of experience, combined with leading research, enables us to partner with clients across every sector to meet the demands of the world’s rapidly evolving maritime, offshore, trade and energy markets. Building on our unique heritage and harnessing our insights to see further, faster, we work with our clients and communities to create strategies that have a positive impact on the industry and the world around us. Dedicated to excellence, it’s our people that drive success for our clients.
To understand more including day-to-day life at Clarksons, visit us at
Offering exceptional port agency and logistics services, we provide turnkey solutions for clients in the marine and energy sectors. Established ships agents with a reputation for excellence, our specialist team provide round the clock vessel agency and services to the Offshore energy and dry bulk sectors.
Discover more at www.clarksons.com/port-services
We are seeking a Ships Agent to be based in our Southampton office, carrying out ships agency / logistics operations within a port environment.
What you’ll be doing
- Carrying out ship’s agency operations duties.
- Communicating with clients, vessels, port authorities and suppliers.
- Assisting in the preparation of cargo and vessel documentation.
- In addition to a standard 37.5 hour working week, there will be a requirement to undertake work outside of usual working hours on a rota basis.
- The role will also provide cover for other UK based offices.
- Additional / ad hoc duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
What we’re looking for
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- are open-minded, embracing of change, considerate to others, with drive & enthusiasm
- act with integrity
- are dedicated to excellence
- collaborate & challenge for collective success
Key Skills & Experience
- Current, clean, UK valid driving licence
- Confident, self-starter with the ability to communicate well with a wide range of individuals
- Ability to produce and maintain accurate paperwork
- Confident in the use of Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Experience of working within a positive health and safety culture
Job date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 22:11:57 GMT