Who are we?
We’re The Leith Agency – a creative, strategically-minded, digitally savvy team of 140 with our HQ in Edinburgh. Established in 1984 on the docks of Edinburgh, Leith has come a long way from its ad agency roots. The business now delivers its trademark bold ideas through digital, experiences, social and health, alongside advertising and design across the world.
We’re growing the work we do in the Health & Wellbeing sector and are looking to add a new Strategist to our team. Our health team has had a successful year in 2022 capped by winning a Grand and Gold Clio for .
We currently work on a range of health clients in the UK and internationally. We have ambitious plans to grow the business in 2023. Given the nature of the work it will be necessary for the candidates to have experience of working with pharmaceutical companies and on international projects. They should have experience in the planning of creative digital campaigns, social media and search marketing strategies in the healthcare sector.
But more importantly they must be passionate about using communications to help make a difference to the health and well-being of people, from encouraging people to get checked early for cancer to telling the story of the science behind the world’s most innovative medicines.
Leith is part of Lumanity, a global 1200+ strong business with its core objective to accelerate and unlock innovative new solutions for clients within the health industry. With offices in North America, the United Kingdom, European Union, and Asia, and work conducted in over 50 countries, Lumanity works with nearly all of the top pharmaceutical companies and more than 100 biotech companies around the world.
Leith works with clients to plan and deploy marketing technology and marketing communications. For some clients, it’s all about brand and advertisements. For others, it’s all about code and service design and sprints. Increasingly it’s about both, with the strategy team acting as a bridge between the world of the CMO and the world of the CTO.
The role involves leading insight and strategy on accounts in the three core areas for our health team – reputation, pharma and well-being.
It is a pivotal role in terms of securing and developing client relationships. It involves tender writing and leading strategy development for pitches. It involves writing and making presentations.
It will mean working internally with colleagues in analytics, software engineering, UX, SEO, design, creative, data planning, client services and project management. You should subscribe to a ‘channel neutral’ ethos because bold ideas can live anywhere.
- Experience in deriving audience insights from data, for example, through user journey mapping.
- The ability to translate research findings into insight recommendations that will trigger behaviour change with target audiences.
- Great at coming up with strategic ideas across all channels.
- Experience in the planning of creative digital campaigns, social media and search marketing strategies in the healthcare sector
- Knowledge of key digital channels that pharma uses to engage HCPs and patients (within and outside of CRM and Sales systems)
- Au fait with the principles and best practice techniques of SEO, PPC, Display/ programmatic, social media and content strategy.
- Au fait with the principles and best practice techniques of UX and web design.
- Comfortable with analytics platforms, including Google Analytics.
- Workshop design, preparation and moderation.
- Good presentation skills.
- Clear, precise professional writing skills.
- Experience in various primary research techniques, including in depth interviews and focus group sample design, recruitment and moderation.
The skills and experience you’ll need:
- Very good verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to effectively present the agency viewpoint.
- Take responsibility and be easy to delegate to.
- Be the person that clients want at meetings.
- Be happy to run with other people’s ideas when they are better than yours.
- Ingenious thinking that might turn into agency IP.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to juggle more than one project.
- The ability to handle stressful situations.
- Tact and diplomacy, respect for other people’s opinions.
- Not to blow our own trumpet, but you’ll get to work at an award-winning agency with smart people who have a huge variety of skills
- A nice, airy, cushy office right on The Shore of Leith
- A cycle to work scheme and an electric car scheme to save you cash for saving the planet
- Quarterly, company-wide events featuring all kinds of bold thinkers
- Hybrid and Flexible Working
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- Vitality Private Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Mentoring Schemes that allow you to reach your full potential
- Generous Annual Leave Entitlement
- Your birthday off
- Annual discretionary bonus
- A boat, yes you heard that right! Our own boat where we host client meetings and parties
Leith is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity. We want everyone working here (or at home) to be able to reach their full potential, feel like they can be themselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of family-friendly and inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, a mentoring scheme, and take an individual and flexible approach to supporting staff from different backgrounds. Please feel free to discuss any working requirements you have in your interview.
Job date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 07:09:25 GMT