- Senior Staff Registered Nurse-MPO-Clinical- League City - Houston, TX
- Commercial Lead Superintendent - Houston - Houston, TX
- Senior Electrical Designer - Industrial Water/Wastewater (Houston or Oklahoma City) - Houston, TX - Oklahoma City, OK
- Youth Development Professional- Summer (Houston Garden City) - Houston, TX
- MAC Artist - Part Time - Memorial City - Houston, TX - Houston, TX
City of Houston
Applications will be accepted from: ALL PERSONS INTERESTED
Division/ Section: Infrastructure / Insource Maintenance
Workdays & Hours: * Varied (Shift work, including rotation, weekends and holidays) subject to change*
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The purpose of the Infrastructure Division is to effectively manage the Houston Airport System (HAS) infrastructure by establishing and maintaining asset management standards and effectively executing capital renewal and rehabilitation projects.
The purpose of this position is to prevent mechanical failure of equipment, to identify and correct safety hazards, and inspect, repair, clean and maintain several types of electrical mechanisms within compliance of state and federal regulations and policies. Performs complex technical work in the maintenance, repair and installation of Electrical gates and gate operating systems relating to the operation of the airport.
“Must be able to pass a criminal background check, obtain and maintain federally mandated security clearances where required.”
The Senior Airport System Technician duties will include but are not limited to:
- Installs, maintains and troubleshoots electrical gate systems and equipment. Replaces out-of-service equipment, responds to troubleshooting calls and completes repairs in the field.
- Completes work orders and maintains records of repairs, calibrations and tests.
- Enters information into computer to copy program from one electronic component to another, or to draw, modify or store schematics.
- Creates technical reports and develops charts, graphs and schematics to describe and illustrate systems’ operating characteristics, malfunctions, deviations from design specifications and functional limitations.
- Monitors and evaluates the system performance of newly installed equipment. Operates test equipment to diagnose, locate and repair system malfunctions.
- Discusses layout and assembly procedures and problems with engineering and telecommunications personnel. Draws sketches to clarify design details and functional criteria of electronic units.
- Recommends changes in circuitry or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance.
- Trains other technicians on complex systems and leads on difficult installations and repairs.
- Assists with the development and maintenance of equipment operating standards and procedures for electromechanical and telecommunication equipment systems.
The position involves considerable physical exertion, such as regular climbing of ladders, lifting of heavy objects (up to 80 pounds) on a highly frequent basis and/or assuming awkward positions for long periods of time. There are routine exposures to significant levels of heat, cold, moisture and air pollution. The position may involve periodic exposure to chemical substances and physical trauma of a minor nature such as cuts, bruises and minor burns. Requires the ability to make closely coordinated eye/hand movements within very fine tolerance and/or calibration demands; or the ability to make rapid closely coordinated eye/hand movements on a patterned response space within somewhat fine tolerance demands; or the ability to make coordinated eye/hand movements within fine tolerances with large equipment as an extension of the worker.
Requires an Associate’s degree in electronics, electrical or computer technology, or a related technical degree.
Three years of experience in the repair, maintenance and installation of electronic and telecommunication equipment are required. A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Technology or a related technical field may be substituted for the above education requirement and two years of experience. Directly related experience in the maintenance and installation of large electromechanical or telecommunication systems may be substituted for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Preferences will be given to applicant with high complex technical work experience in the maintenance, repair and installation of electrical gates systems relating to the operation of the airport.
****Preference shall be given to eligible veteran applicants provided such persons possess the qualifications necessary for competent discharge of the duties involved in the position applied for, such persons are among the most qualified candidates for the position, and all other factors in accordance with Executive Order 1-6.****
SELECTION/SKILLS TESTS REQUIRED
The selection process will involve application review and/or interview. Department may administer skills assessment test.
SAFETY IMPACT POSITION
YES – If yes, this position is subject to random drug testing and if a promotional position, candidate must pass an assignment drug test.
Pay Grade 20
Factors used in determining the salary offered include the candidate’s qualifications as well as the pay rates of other employees in this classification.
Only online applications will be accepted for this City of Houston job and must be received by the Human Resources Department during active posting period. Applications must be submitted online at: .
To view your detailed application status, please log-in to your online profile by visiting: or call (281-233-1043). If you need login assistance or technical support call 855-524-5627. If you need special services or accommodations, call (281-233-1043). (TTY 7-1-1)
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Hiring Department will contact you directly, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
All new and rehires must pass a pre-employment drug test and are subject to a physical examination and verification of information provided.
Applicants are encouraged to attach a cover letter and resume along with their completed application when applying. For further information pertaining to the Houston Airport System, please visit: .
EOE Equal Opportunity Employment
The City of Houston is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual’s sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin,
The city offers a competitive benefits program, including competitively priced health coverage and a defined contribution pension plan.
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Retirement pension
- 457 deferred compensation plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- 10 days of vacation each year
- 10 city holidays, plus one floating holiday
- Flexible schedules
- Professional development opportunities
- Transportation/parking plan
- Section 125 pretax deductions
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Plan
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account
For plan details, visit
Expected salary: $30.08 – 35.03 per hour USD
Job date: Thu, 06 Oct 2022 05:03:21 GMT