Treasury Tax Advisory Manager
- SENIOR MANAGER, KPMG LAW, NON-FS REGULATORY - London
- Manager Commodities - FS Reg- KPMG Law - London
- Tax Senior Manager - Fixed Assets (London) - London
- Senior Penetration Tester - Manager - London
- Senior Manager - Legal Operations and Transformation Services - London
KPMG’s corporate tax practice is a dynamic and successful area of our business, serving a diverse client base ranging from PE-backed, owner managed and family businesses through to UK listed and multinational groups operating across a wide variety of different industries.
A constantly changing and increasingly high-profile field, tax can offer a surprisingly broad range of quality career paths to ambitious people.
The treasury tax team provides specialist support across the corporate tax practice, working closely with client service teams to deliver practical and technically robust advice on all areas of treasury tax. Working in this growing team will give you exposure to a diverse range of clients and issues and the opportunity to deepen your knowledge of a highly important and frequently complex area of tax.
We are looking for a talented individual at Manager level to join our growing treasury tax advisory team.
The successful candidate will be focussed on the provision of high quality advice on a broad variety of treasury tax related matters and will also have the opportunity to support the development of the treasury tax team and related resources. The individual will be based out of either our London or Birmingham offices (hybrid/flexible working available) but may need to travel to client or other KPMG offices as required.
This exciting role will suit either a Manager wanting to drive their tax career forward or an ambitious Assistant Manager wanting to take the next step. Strong technical skills, drive and curiosity are essential.
- The core responsibilities of the role include:
- Supporting the delivery of client work across the tax practice through assisting in the provision of practical and technically excellent advice on the operation of the UK’s loan relationship and derivative contract regimes (including the disregard regulations) and related matters (e.g. corporate interest restriction, anti-hybrids, distributions legislation, withholding tax, etc.) This would include specialist input on advisory projects (e.g. acquisition structures, debt restructuring/refinancing and other transactional work), audit and assurance work, tax authority enquires and complex compliance engagements. The work may involve assisting in detailed technical research and liaising with other specialists in the UK and overseas as required.
- Supporting the development of the treasury tax team by coaching and developing more junior members of the team.
- Assisting with internal training and in preparing and maintaining relevant resources.
- Acting as a role model for KPMG’s values.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- ACA, CA, CTA, ACCA or equivalent qualified with strong corporate tax and relevant accounting knowledge. Some existing familiarity with the UK’s loan relationship and derivative contract regimes (including the disregard regulations) and related matters (e.g. corporate interest restriction, anti-hybrids, distributions legislation, withholding tax, etc.) is desirable.
- Comfortable in carrying out research and analysis, including using legislation, case law and other relevant resources, with a dedication to continuously developing technical knowledge.
- Good analytical skills with an attention to detail and a commercial approach to resolving issues and providing clear and technically robust advice, which evidences strong oral and written communication skills.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels (internally and externally) and be a team worker.
- Able to manage time effectively to produce quality output on multiple projects, often concurrently.
- Able to identify and evaluate risk issues and know when to involve others.
- Able to develop, coach and lead staff, as well as manage stakeholders.
Job date: Thu, 13 Oct 2022 03:44:01 GMT