HR Advice and Counsel – Reasonable Accommodation Partner – REMOTE ROLE
- Coordinator III - HR Senior Coordinator - Woonsocket, RI
- Billing Specialist I - Pharmacy Insurance Specialist - Woonsocket, RI
- Project Manager II - Account Manager for CMX - Woonsocket, RI
- Healthcare Consultant II - Woonsocket, RI
- Nurse Case Manager II - MI license/ MI resident preferred - Woonsocket, RI
Job Title : HR Advice and Counsel – Reasonable Accommodation Partner
Duration: 16 Week
The Reasonable Accommodation Partner is responsible for engaging in the interactive process with colleagues, applicants, and leaders when a colleague or applicant requests a workplace accommodation to enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment, perform the essential functions of the position due to a disability, or for a sincerely held religious belief. The Reasonable Accommodation Partner recommends solutions to support requests for accommodation, and they will manage the dialogue between the requestor and business leader, ensuring confidentiality in the process. The Reasonable Accommodation Partner tracks and follows all assigned cases to closure. The ideal candidate will be able to engage the colleague and the business in discussions over the requested and potential solutions. This role requires critical thinking, outside the box solutions, and the ability to resolve concerns around accommodations in a timely manner while engaging values of Caring, Collaboration, Innovation, Accountability, and Integrity.
- Responsibilities:Responsible for a wide range of activities related to reasonable accommodations including but not limited to, providing advice, counsel and support for interpretation, application and compliance of the ADA, applicable State, Federal laws and company policies.
- Responsible for leading and engaging in the interactive process with colleagues, applicants, leaders, and Human Resources when a colleague or applicant requests a workplace accommodation to perform the essential functions or to enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment due to a disability, pregnancy/pregnancy related condition, or sincerely held religious belief.
- Recommend solutions and influence leaders to consider the accommodation request with an open mind to continue meeting business needs. The Reasonable Accommodation Partner manages all assigned cases to closure, handling each case on its unique facts and circumstances.
- Provide insights, observations and support for reporting and metrics with Reasonable Accommodations cases. Identify trends, observations and shares with business leaders, Human Resources, Legal and other relevant clients.
- Engage as a solid partner with Legal on resolving complex Reasonable Accommodation requests.
- Engage as a subject matter expert on reasonable accommodations with casework handled by other Advice & Counsel colleagues and the Leave of Absence team.
- Provide input for process improvement in team efficiency, effectiveness and process improving the overall client experience including identifying education /training opportunities for leaders, employees and Human Resources.
Required Qualifications :
2+ years of experience in employee relations and/or human resources
High school / GED required. College degree Preferred
Job date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 23:17:05 GMT