- Apple Cloud Platform - Internal CI/CD Service & Tools - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Full Stack Engineer- Apple Cloud Product Services - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Hardware System Integrator - Apple Home - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Rendering and Graphics Engineer - 3D Display - Apple Maps - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Performance Engineer, Apple Pay - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
Working at Apple means doing more than you ever thought possible and having more impact than you ever imagined.
Summary Posted: May 16, 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
Apple Retail Marketing is looking for a Lead Editor for our rapidly evolving Internal Communications Content Strategy team. We have a captive audience of more than 70,000 hardworking and dedicated employees who deserve the best we can deliver, but have limited time to consume important content. We need your expertise and experience to help us prioritize what we communicate and when, and ensure we are providing the right content at the right time for our Retail Store and Contact Center Support Employees. You will join us at a time when we are crafting the future of internal communications team. Our team is inspired by a modern daily editorial news platform and our mission is to build interactive, dynamic meetings and events, our work is becoming more intuitive, responsive, and relevant to the needs of the business and aligned with how our audience consumes and experiences content. The primary responsibility of the Lead Editor is to lead the global editorial plan of record for all of our internal communications platforms, including a daily news application, e-mail, live events, calls and more. As our Lead Editor, you partner closely with Writers, Designers, Producers, Communication Strategists, Business Partners and our GEO teams to figure out which platform is right for each project and message. You are the person who ensures we uphold our editorial standards and governance of each platform. As the gatekeeper for our communications platforms, you bring a strong editorial point of view that will help ensure our worldwide communications are consistent in style, relevant to our audience, and well-timed for its reception. You are comfortable making tough calls when an ask does not align to the editorial plan. You will also work across the Retail organization to understand key strategic priorities and determine how those priorities will be communicated across multiple communication channels, ensuring that we are delivering a unified and impactful message. You are a fierce advocate for our audience and their capacity for content on any given day. Your work encourages the team and provides the focus and capacity we need to make great content. As a member of the Communications leadership team, you will help input into the future of our platforms, acting as a key voice in identifying and prioritizing new features. Partnering with our Creative team, you will identify needs for photography, video, and illustration that help us meet our content strategies. You will partner with the product manager to conduct quarterly focus groups at Apple Stores and Retail Contact Centers to get feedback on both the content and platform. You will help us understand how to use data to inform editorial and creative decisions, and how to curate content from our partners. Ultimately, your work will connect the many streams of communications to our internal audience, and be a leading voice in crafting our future.
7-10+ years of journalism and editorial experience in digital media, at least 3-5 in a managing capacity
* Experience handling and implementing an editorial calendar or plan
* A proven passion for how audiences consume and experience digital content, and advocating on their behalf.
* Experience deriving insights from analytics to influence editorial decisions
* Super-human attention to detail.
* Experience in leading through change in a large organization.
* Superior ability to grow internal relationships across a wide range of teams, and gain their trust in your recommendations and guidance.
* Expert ability to understand business challenges and formulate effective editorial plans that support the audience and improve business results.
* Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
* Experience working with international peers to define global strategies.
* Well-versed in Apple’s history and exemplify the company culture in communications and interactions.
* Excellent news judgement and experience evaluating content requests and prioritizing accordingly
Express a strong editorial point of view, while guiding toward consensus. Own the global editorial plan for our internal communications channels. Partner with Communication Strategists on aligning requests from across the business into an effective editorial plan. Partner with the Creative on the development of channels, series, and curated content. Partner with Creative and Producers on identifying and prioritizing photo, video, and illustration needs. Bring an insight driven approach to editorial conversations. Help inform future platform improvements based on strategic editorial needs.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Portfolio of work samples required