- Sr. Data Engineer, Apple Cloud Services - Seattle, WA
- Senior Software QA Engineer. Apple Media Products - Seattle, WA
- Software Engineer - Apple Media Tools - Seattle, WA
- Windows Software Screener (QA/ Debug)- Apple TV - Seattle, WA
- Apple Media Products, Senior Data Scientist - Experimentation - Seattle, WA
Working at Apple means doing more than you ever thought possible and having more impact than you ever imagined.
Summary Posted: Dec 13, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Would you like to play a key role in advancing Apple products by empowering engineering teams with insights and data? The Machine Learning Platform & Technology (MLPT) EPM team is seeking a technical product manager for its Data platform products. The platform handles secure data storage, curation, and analysis, produces quality human-annotated data sets, and helps engineering teams across Apple to make data-informed decisions and power model training, with the ultimate goal of improving product quality and delivering a delightful experience to Apple customers! You will work closely with cross-functional partners within and outside MLPT to define and build the right data products to serve organization needs with consideration of user privacy. You can see different angles of a product or business opportunity, and you know how to connect the dots and get along with people in various roles and functions. Come thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, to lead innovative projects that have broad impact, and to coordinate projects across a variety of teams.
5+ years in a role leading cross-functional teams in product development as a Product Manager or Technical Product Manager
* Consistent record of delivering large-scale data processing and data analytics tools, including storage, annotation platforms, data processing pipelines, large- scale and high-throughput backend services, and/or user-facing applications that use those services
* Strong user empathy and drive to influence data product strategy and roadmap by providing thought leadership on end-to-end user experience
* Passionate about delivering the best user experience to internal users by actively surveying user needs and translating requirements into a feature roadmap
* Experience interviewing users, understanding their difficulties, curating requirements from partners and collaborators to build a healthy product backlog
* Ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, make recommendations, prioritize features and drive actions
* Self-motivated, independent, and proactive; demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities; can quickly (real-time) triage, prioritize, and lead cross- functional teams under pressure
* Outstanding communication and presentation abilities, written and verbal
* Highly developed drive to improve how things work, with a track record of driving
* Improvements for team quality, performance, agility, or effectiveness
– Build the right scalable and flexible privacy-preserving data platform to empower Apple development teams to effectively collect, store, analyze, and curate data for Machine Learning. This includes defining roadmaps, planning, and execution. – Proactively identify use cases from internal partners and define feature requirements and product specs. Work with cross-functional partners and partners to establish roadmaps, and process and feedback loops to continuously improve products – Come up with product metrics to measure the success of our data platform in relation to overall MLPT product goals – Build relationships across Apple organization and facilitate communication between cross-divisional groups to ensure our tooling and processes are driving MLPT Data product improvement – Be the driver, evangelist, problem-solver, and leader who helps our engineering and operations team gather and use data that makes Apple’s MLPT platform the world’s best for machine learning while aligning with our strong privacy guarantees to our users
Education & Experience
– Experience with the data collection, storage, and annotation methods for Machine Learning products is a huge plus
* – Experience with Spark, SQL, Python, R, or other sophisticated analytical tools is a plus!
* – Experience using OKRs to drive product outcomes