- Software Quality Engineering Manager, Apple Pay - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Performance Tools Engineer - Apple Maps App - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Full Stack Engineer- Apple Cloud Product Services - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Rendering and Graphics Engineer - 3D Display - Apple Maps - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Hardware System Integrator - Apple Home - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
Working at Apple means doing more than you ever thought possible and having more impact than you ever imagined.
Summary Posted: Jun 2, 2021
One of Apple’s R&D teams is looking for a Product Design Engineer to develop cutting edge devices with complex hardware, sensors and software. You will play a key role in design and development of the mechanical design of these systems and should be comfortable both in rapid prototyping efforts and bringing products to production. You will play a key role in specifying, developing interconnects and wiring for complex mechatronic systems and electronics assemblies. You will work closely with many cross functional teams including Hardware Engineering, EMC, Audio, Packaging, Safety and Reliability.
Experience in design, characterization, and validation of electronics, connectors, wiring, harnesses and conductor systems
* Experience specifying platings, electrical keep outs, grounding solutions
* Strong analytical/problem solving skills and general mechanical engineering analysis
* Consumer Electronics industry experience not required
You will be responsible for interconnection of electronic and electro-mechanical sub assemblies into product layouts and technology concepts. This includes development of early prototypes and new technologies leading into scaleable mass production.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science or MS degree in mechanical engineering
3+ years of hands-on, detailed product design experience
* Proficiency in 3D CAD (any modeling package)
* Basic GD&T knowledge and experience releasing 2D drawings
* Travel will be 15-25% and you must be willing to move to the Bay Area. This job can only be done from inside Apple’s corporate headquarters.