Working at Apple means doing more than you ever thought possible and having more impact than you ever imagined.
Summary Posted: Mar 16, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Imagine what you could do here… At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. What inspires you? Creating something new and finding solutions to complex problems? Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. IS&T Corporate Systems team is looking for a creative and motivated Software Engineer with excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills. The work we do here has a large impact on Apple, from enabling our internal businesses to do their best work, to providing rich, highly useable experiences to our customers and partners Our teams foster a collaborative environment with creative, smart & fun people using state of the art technologies. Engineering excellence is expected. Come join us for this once in a lifetime opportunity in building solutions for Apple that has worldwide impact.
4+ years of Software development experience designing and building complex, highly available and scalable Enterprise level applications
* Expertise in Java and Java Enterprise technology applications architecture, design, development and support
* Understanding of web service technologies such as REST, JSON, SOAP, HTTP, SSL, SAML, WSDL.
* Proven skills and hands-on programming experience in Java, Spring, multi-threading, REST, Data Caching Services, DB schema design and data access technologies
* Working experience in SQL and NoSQL DBs
* Hands-on with architecture, design, development and deployment of enterprise systems
* Experience rolling out distributed, large-scale, low latency web applications
* Experience in architecting and defining application layer in SOA/Micro Services landscape
* Experience in building, orchestrating, and deploying highly scalable REST based stateless APIs/web services for web applications / mobile clients
* Understand security concepts, building reliable and safe distributed applications
* Strong knowledge of concurrency, scalability and fault tolerant designs
* Ability to pursue problems with imaginative and elegant solutions
* Passion for technology, value life-long learning, and enjoy finding the right tool for the job.
* Strong problem solving skills
* Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with teams located in different locations
As a Backend Services Engineer you will be responsible for building and enhancing the next generation of applications for Apple’s Recruiting Platform. You will be part of an Agile team and partake in every aspect of the product, from planning to design to implementation and documentation. You will work with project managers and technical teams in a multi-functional environment to implement quality products that meet the business goals. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, pro-active and solution oriented. Attention to detail and dedication to providing a high-quality, stable delivery are essential. You will be challenged to find creative solutions to technical problems, feel comfortable working with complex systems and large data sets, collaborating in a team environment. We promote innovation to improve our product performance and stay deeply focused on delighting our users. At Apple, code quality and functional quality is aways at the forefront and one of the key measures of success.
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field plus 4+ years experience or MS/PhD degree plus 2+ years experience, or equivalent.
Having any of the following are definite pluses for this role:
* Working knowledge Spring Reactor or reactive development
* Working knowledge on gRPC is a plus
* Working knowledge on GraphQL is a plus
* Working experience in Search platforms like SOLR, Elastic
* Experience on working with SaaS, PaaS, RaaS solutions
* Knowledge of Recruiting systems will be a big plus