Working at Apple means doing more than you ever thought possible and having more impact than you ever imagined.
Summary Posted: May 11, 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
Imagine what we could do together. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there’s no telling what we could accomplish. Apple is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to help develop the next generation of Cloud Services infrastructure. You will be working on key components of the CloudKit platform and introducing new fundamental capabilities. Your work will help to power entirely new applications and scale existing ones, such as iCloud Drive, Photos, and Backup. This is your chance to put a dent in the Universe. You will work with world-class teams in Cupertino, San Francisco, Seattle, Boston & London who have a real passion for engineering and delivering features that maintain strong privacy guarantees to end-users.
Experienced: designing, implementing, and operating highly scalable web services
* Resourceful: excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* Collaborative: the ability to thrive in a multi-functional organization through communication and delivery
* Curious: the desire and aptitude to independently learn
* Self-directed: the ability to drive a project from a simple idea to production
* User-focused: the user experience and the privacy of data come first
We are a high-leverage team designing, building, and growing CloudKit – a foundational privacy-focused platform enabling many of Apple’s signature apps and experiences. Our work impacts over a billion users and is essential to the success of Apple’s growth in services. As part of the CloudKit organization, you will: • Partner with teams across Apple to develop features and functionality in CloudKit to enable new experiences in the Apple ecosystem • Improve the scalability, availability, and performance of CloudKit • Evolve the design and architecture of CloudKit to support continued growth across multiple dimensions • Partner with SRE to triage, investigate, and remediate production issues
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Languages: Java, Swift
* • Technology: Cassandra, FoundationDB
* • Knowledge: Security, Privacy, Cryptography (TLS, cryptographic chain of trust, data encryption at rest)