- Senior Engineering Program Manager - Apple Cloud / Compute - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Software Engineer, Apple Watch - Watch App and Setup Experience - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Commerce Product Leader, Apple Services - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Cloud Services Supply Demand Analyst - Apple Cloud Services (ACS) - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Apple Cloud Platform - Continuous Delivery Backend Engineer - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
Working at Apple means doing more than you ever thought possible and having more impact than you ever imagined.
Summary Posted: Apr 22, 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
This is a hands-on individual contributor role. Will work with internal and external product development partners to create a variety of state of the art accessories for Apple devices. You will conceive, design, and bring into production products that will re-define and enhance the mobile experience. You will work closely with many different cross functional teams including Industrial Design, Hardware Engineering, Antenna, Reliability, Safety and Marketing to provide guidance to best in class accessory development partners.
BSME required, MS Preferred.
* 6+ years experience in mechanical design (preferably working experience in consumer electronics)
* Product design leadership with oversight over multiple contributors/partners
* Strong analytical/problem solving skills and general mechanical engineering analysis.
* Fundamentals of engineering: strength of materials, material science, statics, heat transfer Strong materials knowledge. Good understanding of different materials and grades.
* Demonstrated expertise designing parts for a broad range of manufacturing processes: plastic injection molding, compression molding, metal stamping, metal injection molding, die casting, metal extrusion, metal machining, etc.
* Cross functional design skills including mechanism design, electro-mechanical integration and PCB mechanical design, design for high volume production (including statistical process control, fixture design, metrology)
* Design validation skills including tolerance analysis, numerical analysis (FEA), mechanical prototyping, failure analysis, and design of experiments
* Hands-on model-shop experience (e.g. mill, lathe)
* 3D and 2D CAD skills including GD&T
* Flexibility and comfort working in a quickly changing environment.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Able to communicate effectively to peers, subordinates, and executive staff.
* This position will require international travel (15%).
Responsibilities include concept generation, architecture development, module integration, and knowledge transfer to development partners. Utilize internal resources for testing and analysis to ensure high quality product development and manufacturing. Guide development partners through custom component integration and test procedures. Oversee detailed engineering development and manufacturing ramp process.
Education & Experience
* – Engineering consulting experience preferred
* – Handheld/portable device experience.
* – Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM), and Design for Assembly (DFA), statistical tolerance analysis techniques, functional dimensioning, and geometric tolerancing.
* – Experience with component modules (LCD, batteries, camera modules, etc.) and interconnects (FPC design and ACF bonding)
* – Integration of wireless antenna (GSM, GPS, Wifi) into mechanical enclosures
* – Integration of electrical subsystems (LCD, microphone, speaker, receiver, camera)
* – Unigraphics fluency desirable.
* – Experience working with overseas manufacturers