Working at Apple means doing more than you ever thought possible and having more impact than you ever imagined.
Summary Posted: May 2, 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
Help us grow our knowledge graph! We’re seeking a Sr Data Engineer to work on improving data workflows to enrich Apple’s knowledge graph. As an expert in developing software to manage large, dynamic datasets, you’ll be building and optimizing pipelines for data ingestion, cleaning, transformation and evaluation to support a rapidly scaling organization.
3 years of experience as a Software Engineer processing large-scale datasets
* Excellent programming skills – e.g. Python, Go, Java, Scala.
* Excellent problem-solving, analytic, and debugging skills
* Solid computer science and systems foundations; ability to quickly learn new domains
* Proven software development skills in UNIX-type OS (e.g. Linux, Mac OS)
* Experience working with large data sets and pipelines, ideally using the Apache software stack (e.g. Spark, HBase)
* Experience with continuous integration and continuous development solutions (e.g. Jenkins, etc.)
* Good communication skills and teamwork
* Passion for building great products
* Curiosity and desire to learn
Apple is hiring a Sr Data Engineer for the Knowledge Platform team. You’ll be working at the frontier of AI, crunching massive amounts of data for our knowledge graph. In a fast-paced, continuously-integrated environment, you’ll design and implement robust, scalable data pipeline and solutions capable of processing an ever-growing data set while keeping latency low and quality high. You’ll work closely with fellow engineers to integrate new data, and deliver our knowledge products to cross-functional teams in Apple to power customer-facing scenarios. Your responsibilities will also include developing tools and tests to ensure quality and help diagnose issues.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field
The following experience is nice to have, but not required:
* Data modeling
* Experience working with search engines
* Machine Learning
* Natural-language processing
* Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount – both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
* Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
* Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.