Social Media Officer
- Service Recovery Advisor - Coventry
- Network Gang Operative - Shropshire
- Senior Technician - Coventry
- Workstream Manager-WN Improvement - Coventry
- Senior River Ranger - West Midlands
Severn Trent Water
Business Unit : Human Resources
Division : HR CO Communications
Pay Grade Level : Level 1 – Administrator /Advisor
Post end date : 04/10/2022
Salary Range : £22,656.96-£33,985.44
Role Type : Full Time Contract
Recruiter : Sandy Dhesi
Manager Name : Laura Henry
LET’S CUT STRAIGHT TO IT
Want to do the best work of your life? Playing your part in making a big difference to the environment and communities we serve. Our people make Severn Trent a truly exciting and inclusive place to work – a place where you can be yourself and let your skills shine.
Our purpose is taking care of life’s essentials, but we’re also big on making a difference, not just because we should but because we care.
Here at Severn Trent – we are looking for a Social Media Officer to join the team based in Coventry.
We’re looking for an ambitious Social Media Officer to work in our Communications team and help us carry out our social strategy. The Social Media Officer will work with the Digital Marketing Manager to communicate our key messages across our social channels and will champion the business in developing a culture of excellence with our social content
Sound like you? Then read on.
LET’S TELL YOU MORE
Your key accountabilities in helping us will be:
- Coordinate and communicate our content plan; ensuring key events and projects are prioritised and planned accordingly
- Scheduling all social media activity
- Reviewing comments and identifying opportunities to improve what we post, identifying and reacting quickly to opportunities or negative comments
- Growing the social media channels to build a community of followers through engaged initiatives
- Evaluating and optimising the success of social media channels and campaigns using analytics and insights
- Assisting the Digital Marketing Manager with day-to-day administrative tasks
- Contributing to the development of our social media strategy
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Of course, it’s important that we attract the right skill sets, and those with the right experience but we value character, positivity and a caring attitude in equal weight.
We want people who show up and roll their sleeves up. Restless spirits who are ready to be part of something bigger, who care, who really care… because when you really care, you’ll go above and beyond. When you really care you don’t just talk about it, you do more.
We welcome people from all walks of life and celebrate individuality as we know diverse minds, experiences and backgrounds help us to learn and better serve our communities. We employ thousands of people from across our community who really care about what they do. Because that is how we do what we do.
And when it comes to inclusion, we’re making sure we keep up the progress with our wonderful working groups – LGBTQ+, Women in Operations & STEM, Disability and Ethnicity; who help us do just that.
We do more, because we care.
You’ll join our team and have experience in a social media role with experience in using online editing such as Canva, as well as having experience creating videos, especially on Tik Tok.
Having the ability to be creative and using initiative on the spot will be an important skillset you’ll need to have for this role.
You’ll have the ability to work on your own initiative with minimal supervision or as part of a team. A can-do attitude and willing to go the extra mile to deliver on objectives.
It would be great if you had a relevant Degree in a Communications area such as Marketing. If you have a UK driving license this would be even better as you may sometimes be required to visit different locations
HOW WE’LL REWARD AND CARE FOR YOU IN RETURN
It’s not just a job you’ll get here, you’ll get a career too. We have a range of benefits that reward and recognise great work and award-winning training to ensure you reach your potential. And we’ll also help you play your part in looking after the environment and the community in which we live.
Here’s some of our favourites:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays (and the ability to buy/ sell up to 5 days per year)
- Annual bonus scheme (of up to £1,500 per annum based on company performance)
- Leading pension scheme – we will double your contribution (up to 15% when you contribute 7.5%)
- Sharesave – the chance to buy Severn Trent Plc shares at a discounted rate
- Dedicated training and development with our ‘Academy’
- Electric vehicle scheme and retail offers
- Family friendly policies
- Two volunteering days per year
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSevernTrent on social media.
Expected salary: £22656.96 – 33985.44 per year GBP
Job date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 03:08:56 GMT