A little bit about us…
Tepa is a shared services organization owned by the Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians. Tepa provides common leadership, administration and management for tribally-owned small businesses to ensure clients receive the greatest efficiencies, cost benefits and quality. The independent businesses, known as the Tepa Companies, offer a diverse portfolio of services, including construction, engineering, environmental, industrial, staffing and technology services. Established in 2005, the Tepa Companies employ more than 400 people in offices across the United States, including California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Missouri and Texas. Find out more about the Tepa Companies at . Tepa, LLC, is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity in the workforce.
Now, about you…
This is a leadership position in the Engineering Flight of the 72d Civil Engineer Directorate at Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma. As an Electrical Engineer subject matter expert, you will be responsible for planning, developing, designing, and coordinating a broad range of electrical engineering activities.
- Leads the efforts of facilities design and construction management teams carrying out the many facets of construction activities for complex research and development facilities, office facilities, and technical institutional support facilities.
- Serves as a technical expert in electrical engineering for building and site systems. Building systems include medium and low voltage power distribution, lighting, lightning and grounding, uninterruptible power (UPS), security and telecommunications, smoke and fire detection, and electronic controls systems. Site systems include power and telecommunication distribution systems.
- Provides expert advice in all areas of facilities design and construction, with an emphasis on electrical systems, and design centralized and mission-specific projects.
- Serves as PM on both the design and construction phases of Facilities Engineering Projects.
- Accomplishes varied and complex project management duties in conjunction with coordinating project teams and making decisions affecting areas of responsibility.
- Coordinates all phases of engineering, construction, and inspection; resolving field problems through interpretation of contract documents and amendments; reviewing and approving shop drawings; approving invoices for payment; recommending actions to be taken to maintain projects on schedule and within budget.
- Prepares in-house design packages for contract including, but not limited to drawings, specifications, independent government estimates for engineering projects, including the design of mission critical facilities, integration and testing facilities, computer facilities, labs, and offices.
- Oversees preparation of plans, specifications, and cost estimates; design review of internal or externally produced design drawings, specifications and submittals for conformance to functional, operational, and maintenance requirements.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in professional engineering in a school of engineering accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
- At least 5 years of experience.
- Knowledge of design for Department of Defense facilities.
- Knowledge of the Internal Building Code, NFPA Life Safety Code, NEC and Unified Facilities Criteria.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project Schedule).
- Strong knowledge of codes and good planning skills.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
Preferred (not required):
- Current registration as a professional engineer, licensed to work in Oklahoma.
Job date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 04:13:01 GMT