CDL Class A – Delivery Truck Driver (entry level)
- Group Quality Lead Americas - Gordonsville, VA - Greenville, OH
- Urgent need for Controller (Food / Manufacturing Industry) Reston, VA - Reston, VA
- Food & Beverage Supervisor - Leesburg, VA
- Assistant Fresh Foods Manager - Virginia
- Food Safety/Quality Assurance Technologist - 1st shift - Smithfield, VA
Performance Food Group
At Performance Foodservice we deliver your career!
Performance Foodservice TPC: 8001 51st Street W. Rock Island
Click Here for map:
- $27.20 per hour to start for drivers with less than one year experience with an increase to $28.20 after three months!
- Potential to earn up to $80K annually with overtime!
- Weekly Pay!
- Eligible for benefits day one!
- On the job training!
- Career growth opportunities – we promote from within!
- Be a part of the best team in the foodservice industry!
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance on day one
- Paid Time Off package
- 401K with company contribution
- Be an owner of PFG with Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Expand and grow with tuition reimbursement
- Safety incentives
- Employee discounts
- Referral programs
The Delivery Driver – Trainee will learn to and gain experience to drive a tractor trailer and/or straight truck on intrastate and interstate routes for the purpose of delivering and/or unloading various food and food related products to customers in a safe and timely manner and in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations. Routes may be local, over the road (OTR), shuttles and/or overnight. Functions as a team member within the department and organization, as required, and performs any duty assigned to best serve the company.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Internal candidates will attend and successfully complete the PFG Driver Trainee Dock to Driver Training Program as required.
- Perform “pre-trip safety check” inspection of truck and trailer according to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations; inspect cab and trailer to insure they meet company quality standards and take appropriate action as needed.
- Perform count check of items and check customer invoices of products that have been loaded. Check and complete in an accurate and in legible fashion all the required paperwork associated with freight. Move tractor to the loading dock and attach preloaded trailer as needed.
- Rides-with, assists with deliveries as required. Drive to and deliver customer orders according to a predetermined route and delivery schedule.
- Unload products from the trailer transport items into designated customer storage areas. Perform damage control checks on items and contact supervisor about removing orders according to company policy. Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Collect money (cash or checks) where required. Load customer returns on to trailer and secure trailer doors.
- Unload damaged goods and customer returns at the driver check-in dock and complete necessary paperwork. Unload pallets, insulated blankets, Power Walker / Hand carts and remove trash from trailers as required.
- Complete daily record of hours of service and enter in log in accordance with Federal DOT, state and company requirements.
- Perform “post trip safety check” on the vehicle, secure tractor and trailer and / or “Red Tag” for repair or maintenance as needed. Perform general housekeeping duties in cab, loading dock area and keep trailers clear and clean as required. At the end of the shift secure all equipment and complete all necessary paperwork.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Full Time / Part Time
Performance Foodservice, PFG’s broadline distributor, maintains a unique relationship with a variety of local customers, including independent restaurants and hotels, healthcare facilities, schools, and quick-service eateries. A team of sales reps, chefs, consultants and other experts builds close relationships with each customer, providing advice on improving operations, menu development, product selection and operational strategies. The Performance Foodservice team delivers delicious food, but also goes above and beyond to help independent restaurant owners achieve their dreams.
- High school diploma/GED or state approved equivalent
- Valid CDL A
- Must be 21 years of age
- Meet all State licensing and/or certification requirements (where applicable)
- Clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) for past 3 years
- Pass post offer drug test and criminal background check
- Pass road test
- Attains or has valid current DOT Health Card and/or able to secure new DOT Health Card
- Able to hand-lift and utilize two-wheeler, lift gate and/or other equipment to move and/or stack product cases/freight of varying size and weight throughout shift; product generally ranges from between 10-35 pounds and up to between approximately 60 and 90 pounds, depending on the location
- Internal applicants must meet requirements outlined in the PFG Entry Level Driver Trainee or Dock to Driver Training Program
Valid Class A CDL
$27.20 per hour
Expected salary: $27.2 per hour USD
Job date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 04:21:02 GMT