- SCA Material Coordinator - Chesapeake, VA
- Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) Requirements Manager - Hampton, VA
- Eng Sr - Rel - Manassas, VA
- Eng Sr Prin - SW - Manassas, VA
- Eng Prin - Elec - Manassas, VA
Mars is a family-owned business with more than 130,000 associates globally, making diverse products and offering services for people and pets.
Sr. Electrical & Instrumentation System Technician – North Sioux City, SD
The System Technician Electrical & Instrumentation role is responsible for: Ensuring safe, reliable performance of plant control processes, systems, and production lines. This associate must be multi-crafted with a heavy emphasis on software, control systems, and electrical fundamentals. This associate must have excellent communication skills and be focused on customer (operations) satisfaction.
What are we looking for?
- Associate of Applied Science in electrical/electronic/ or related technical training
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience in a maintenance environment
- Motors, motor control circuits, power distribution systems up to 600 VAC electrical experience
- Controls and instrumentation knowledge including, but not limited to, HMI systems, chart recorders resistance temperature detectors, pressure differential transmitters, and 4-20 MA loop control systems
- Knowledge of industrial plant systems, equipment, and operations.
- Team working skills at a variety of function levels.
- Proficient in the use of industrial mechanics tools, electrician’s tools, instrumentation and controls tools, and rigging/millwork tools.
- Working knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Supports operational team with day-to-day improvement and troubleshooting of software applications and PLC controls with maximum focus on increased reliability
- Electrical and controls support for operations and maintenance
- Interpret and maintain electrical schematics
- Identify, design, and implement controls improvement solutions
- Interface with contractors, vendors, engineering, maintenance, and operations
- Perform root cause analysis on process interruptions
- Work with engineering on specific electrical and or controls projects from design to startup, including HMI and PLC programming, installation, checkout, start-up, and training
- Provide on shift – plant-wide support (including overtime coverage for vacancies) for diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolution of Level I (PLC/Servos) and Level II (HMI) system related problems
What can you expect from Mars?
- The opportunity to learn and develop, taking charge of your own career across Mars
- An industry competitive salary and great benefits package
- Chance to work cross-functionally, and add value and impact to the business
- If you are passionate, a great problem solver, resilient, and have a high drive for results, then we want to hear from you!