- Director, Product Management, Unstructured Data Storage - Virginia
- Software Engineer 2 - Remote - Virginia
- Equinix Global Partner Manager - Virginia
- Advisor, Product Management - Virginia
- Sr Network Engineer - Sterling, VA - Dulles, VA
Dell Technologies is the leader in digital transformation, developing technologies that drive human progress.
Senior Analyst/ Advisor, IT Infrastructure
The ability to drive human progress through technology relies on robust and reliable IT infrastructure – and that’s what our IT Infrastructure team provides to our customers. We’re a team of experts optimizing the performance and integrity of IT infrastructure and ensuring consistency and synchronization across all infrastructure components. Alongside supporting new and existing applications, we work with other IT groups and business units to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Senior Analyst/ Advisor, IT Infrastructure on our IT Infrastructure team in Malaysia.
What you’ll achieve
As in IT Service Operations, you will be responsible for providing L1/L2 production support for large enterprise systems and applications. Work closely with our IT engineering & delivery teams to partner on rollout of solutions. Partner with Dell Global Services and other vendors for support. Partner with Enterprise Systems Group in a 2-way feedback loop on our experience with products. Function in a global “follow the sun” team that manages Storage and Backup solutions. Respond to Incidents with appropriate priority, providing quick resolution, and investigative help to determine root cause. Provide proactive health checks, capacity management, Firmware updates as necessary to maintain the health of the environment.
- Investigate, diagnose and resolve incidents to restore a degraded IT Service as quickly as possible and within the specified SLA .
- Document troubleshooting steps, service restoration details and create knowledge articles as required.
- Apply business impact analysis techniques to evaluate impact of high severity problems, or potential impact of proposed changes.
- Participate and act in lead in critical/major incident management (esp. Severity 1 & 2), problem management and change management processes.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 3+ years’ experience in technology domain in large enterprises which includes 2 Years’ experience in Production Systems Monitoring and Systems Engineering from support perspective using ServiceNow or similar tools.
- Experience in production support or Site Reliability Engineering in problem solving Production issues in large enterprises and/or Experience L1/L2/L3 Support, Incident Management, Problem Management, Root Cause Analysis.
- Responsible for scheduling and maintenance of backups, monitoring for success and failure of backups in the server environment, and successful restoration of the backups.
- Backup hardware status monitoring (tape library and backup server) globally.
- Provide support to the DB owners during the Disaster Recovery exercise
- Provide off-site tape rotation services such as raising PR or service renewal
- Administrator all the Backup servers to minimized any expected issues on the backup servers
- Window/Linux server.
- SAN storage, e.g. VMAX/PowerMAX
- NAS storage, e.g. Isilon/Unity
- Software Defined Storage like ScaleIO / VxFlexOS (PowerFlex)
- Participate in On-call support
- Able to work on US Time Zone
- Experience in proactive monitoring of production infrastructure of distributed systems in a large enterprise setup on tools like Catchpoint, Riverbed, Splunk, Mongo DB Admin.
- Knowledge of client/server networks.
- ITIL v3/v4 certification.
- Able to manage/configure and troubleshoot VCenter 5.5 to 6.7
- Able to manage/configure and troubleshoot VMs/ESXi servers
- Very good knowledge in vRA
- Certified in VMware
- Ability to Plan, schedule and perform proactive maintenance, including hardware and software upgrades and patch installation on related data protection solution systems
- Hands-on-experience on scripting using BASH, Python, Powershell etc.
- Experience in some of the backup technology like Data Domain, Networker & Avamar
- Experienced with Networker, Net vault, Avamar and other Backup applications.
- Experience with Windows 2012, LINUX, Oracle RMAN/ARCLOG, SQL, SAN, NAS, EXCHANGE, DataDomain.
- Knowledge of Backup configuration/creation, Backup Restoration, troubleshooting, Design and documentation.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life — while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.