- Senior Product Manager, Amazon Business - Meguro, Tokyo
- Sr. Customer Success Manager, Amazon Business - Meguro, Tokyo
- Sr. Program Manager, Amazon Vendor Service - Meguro, Tokyo
- Sr. Account Manager, Amazon Imaging Services - Tokyo
- Sr. Content Acquisition Mgr, Amazon Music - Tokyo
Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
As Amazon Web Services (AWS) continues to build upon the world’s biggest Cloud Computing Infrastructure, we are looking for Network Technicians to support the scaling and growth of our network infrastructure.
About The Role
Infrastructure Delivery (ID) Network Technicians are part of the Infrastructure Operations Team, the backbone of AWS that supports our customers and their rapidly growing businesses by operating world-class data centers. Network Technicians lead projects to deploy, maintain, and expand the physical network infrastructure at AWS data centers. At Amazon, we always aim to exceed the expectations of our customers, and we continuously raise the standards for operational performance in safety, security, availability, productivity, capacity, efficiency, and cost.
Each day presents unique challenges, which include:
- Deploying network hardware and cabling
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Working closely with Network Engineering, Technical Program Managers, and other stakeholders to deliver projects
- Designing the physical network interconnections to Amazon standards
- Working with vendors on large-scale cabling deployments
- Troubleshooting network and cabling infrastructure issues
- Migrating networks in live environments
- Coordinating operations with other Data Center teams
- Seeking out ways to improve yourself and improve the processes and systems we use
Starting from your ‘Day One’, we provide a full on-boarding process and continuous training while you gain an understanding of data centers and our infrastructure. You will work independently and with colleagues, at the forefront of transformational technology, and will have opportunities to grow within the team and the organization.
At Amazon, everyone is a leader. You are self-motivated and can adapt in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment. You have a passion for technology, always ask “Why?” and seek to understand how things work, are a problem solver, and may have some data center experience. You may also have networking, cabling, or project management experience. You can follow our guidelines and processes, and enjoy work that requires attention to detail.
You actively seek opportunities to make improvements in our operations and yourself.
If you enjoy working alongside a close-knit and diverse team of leaders, this is the place to be! We welcome you to work on advanced technologies in this dynamic environment. About Us
Our mission is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, and will stop at nothing to exceed our customers’ expectations, including continual expansion and building new data centers all around the world. We are always on the lookout for like-minded individuals to help us reach the next level. Come build the future with us!
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/jp/.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS – BA/BS in a technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Any of the following:
- 2 years of project management experience or operations planning experience
- 2 years experience with physical network infrastructure deployment and troubleshooting
- 2 years experience with network cabling (fiber optic & copper)
- English fluency (TOEIC 800+) and basic Japanese communication ability
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS – Networking administration and/or certification – CCENT/CCNA and above, Network+
- Experience with cabling infrastructure best practices and methodologies
- Experience in large-scale network infrastructure deployments and support
- Basic understanding of data center facilities
- Understanding of maintenance windows/change management procedures, and trouble ticketing systems
- Linux administration and/or certification – RHCSA/RHCE, LPIC, Linux+.
- Scripting skills – Bash, Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.
Please check the website below for measures to eliminate unwanted second-hand smoking in each facility:
The salary information will be provided individually prior to the 1st interview.