KinderCare Education is the largest nationwide provider of early childhood education in the U.S. Since 1969, it has successfully served children with time-tested techniques and proven results.
About KinderCare Education ®
KinderCare Education operates more than 1,380 early learning centers, and more than 560 Champions sites, supported by a corporate team of nearly 600 headquarters employees in Portland, Oregon. In 2019, KinderCare Education earned their third Gallup Great Workplace Award – one of only 39 companies worldwide to win this award.
- In neighborhoods with ourKinderCare ® Learning Centers that offer early childhood education and child care for children six weeks to 12 years old
- At work through KinderCare Education at Work™, family benefits for employers including on-site and near-site early learning centers and back-up care for last-minute child care
- In local schools with ourChampions ® before and after-school programs.
KinderCare is looking for a strong IT Portfolio Analyst to join our IT PMO team. We have a small but experienced team focusing on building our IT Portfolio processes, tools, and best practices and need an additional team member to help really tie things together. We’re working on operationalizing our standards, and we need a highly-motivated self-starter to help drive us forward. You’ll be walking into friendly but busy team that could really use your methodical approach and activator attitude to help bring it all together.
o Drives definition of the IT Portfolio Management function, with the IT Portfolio Manager, by implementing, refining end-to-end portfolio processes, aiding the team in understanding the execution and value of said processes, and supporting ongoing adherence to new and existing processes
o Supports prioritization, resource forecasting, and project sequencing for the IT Portfolio, overseen by the IT Portfolio Manager and in conjunction with functional managers
o Performs data analysis of functional resources for IT Portfolio capacity planning
o Prepares for and assists in facilitation of annual/quarterly planning meetings for the IT Portfolio
o Compiles IT Portfolio annual budget information in conjunction with IT Finance and IT Leadership
o Owns administration of our PPM, PMO SharePoint, and other related PMO tools. Configuring tools, building new reports and dashboards to demonstrate portfolio, product, and project health, granting tool permission access, tracking licenses.
o Maintains new user training materials and provides user support for PMO tools
o Ensures, through governance and auditing, adherence to and execution of all gate approvals as defined in the KinderCare project and product management frameworks
o Develops, operationalizes, and maintains an IT PMO scorecard to demonstrate, through metrics, the quality of both delivery and PMO processes
o Acts as a change driver in the IT organization on methodology, practices
We know that experience is gathered in many ways. These guidelines represent some, but not all of the ways you might have acquired the skills required for this role. If you have a demonstrated ability to fulfill the job duties, but got there in a different way, please apply
• Highly motivated and natural self-starter, independent thinker, great planner, and team player
• Structured thinking process and strong problem-solving skills
• Skilled at building collaborative partnerships across the organization and leadership levels to meet shared objectives
• Experience in administration of PPM, collaboration, or product tracking tools or ability to proactively learn. Experience specifically with Sciforma, SharePoint, and Jira configuration a big plus
• Able to cope with uncertainty and learn quickly
• Motivated by new and complex challenges
• Able to manage multiple initiatives with competing deadlines and priorities
• Able to present information in a visually appealing and concise method
Our highest priority has always been to keep our employees, children, families, and communities as safe and healthy as possible. Starting October 18, 2021, we began requiring COVID vaccinations or weekly COVID testing for all unvaccinated employees who are required to be in a KinderCare Education community space or workspace to perform their work (center, National Support Center, and offsite meeting environments). We are also subject to state law, local ordinances, and Health Department requirements for employees working in child care and school facilities.
KinderCare Education employs more than 32,000 team members across 1,700 locations nationwide. Our devoted family of education providers leads the nation in accreditation and includes KinderCare® Learning Centers, KinderCare Education at Work®, Champions® Before- and After-School Programs, Cambridge Schools ™ , Knowledge Beginnings® and The Grove School®.
KinderCare Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.