- Firewall Engineer - Springfield, VA
- Enterprise Network Architect - Springfield, VA
- Patch Management Engineer - Springfield, VA
- Sr. Director, Principal Architect for Tactical Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (ISR) - Herndon, VA
- Assistant Professor of Film and Television | Regent University - Virginia Beach, VA
The Vanguard Group is one of the world’s largest investment companies, advising clients and the general public on savings, investment, retirement, personal finance, the economy, and much more.
Vanguard plans to open a new office in the Dallas-Fort Worth region in early 2022. In alignment with Vanguard’s dedication to making advice more accessible and affordable for investors, the new location will be dedicated to supporting all aspects of our growing advice businesses. This location will supplement Vanguard’s hardworking roster of advisors and advice-focused crew and offer leadership and development opportunities that continue to enable crew to best support our clients. As one of the first IT crew to join the Dallas team, you’ll have a unique opportunity to help lay the groundwork for this exciting expansion.
Create the products that are changing an industry
As a leader in Enterprise Advice you’ll help us build and evolve our advice capabilities and product line-up to serve the needs of individual investors and independent financial advisors. You’ll help us tap into unmet investor needs and disrupt the traditionally high-cost advice marketplace by creating modern, reusable advice engines we can scale globally. Enterprise Advice is creating a platform of cloud-native products and APIs that are being leveraged to create advice offers across business lines. In this role, you will have the exciting opportunity to work on an emerging proof of concept for a key Portfolio Construction offering.
In this role you will:
- Manage and lead a team of technical support staff who design, develop, test, implement, and monitor software and tools. Works with business leaders to define scope and requirements and plans and executes the development of various systems. Acts as liaison with business sponsors and principals.
- Leads a team providing agile methodology services to cross-functional technology-related project(s) or product(s) teams, demonstrating technical expertise to improve productivity of teams and quality of work processes and outcomes. Project(s) or product(s) often have enterprise-wide implications.
- Responsible for delivering software releases relating to the product for the business units. Works with business clients to determine scope and develops environmental requirements for each project.
- Leads quality initiatives to improve the delivery of service levels. Works with senior management in the planning, development, and execution of short- and long-range goals.
- Leads planning, team learning, and adaptation of processes to ensure the quality of team solutions.
- Enables a continuous learning environment, identifying ways to strengthen the team’s understanding of Agile/Scrum concepts and principles as they relate to technical capabilities.
- Builds and applies methodology that supports the integration of changing customer inputs and business conditions into technology-related product development.
- Removes roadblocks to technology-related product development or architecture. Applies learnings to other development projects.
What it takes:
- Minimum of eight years related work experience, with at least five years project management experience.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- Strong commitment to developing others and driving high engagement across the site
- Ability to inspire change and demonstrate a growth mindset
- Scrum Master Certification strongly preferred.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Future of Work
During the pandemic, we transitioned to a work from home model for the majority of our crew and we continue to interview, hire, and on-board future crew remotely.
As we have developed the path forward, we have taken a thoughtful approach that both maximizes the advantages of working remotely and the many benefits of coming together and collaborating in a shared workspace. We believe that in-person interactions among our crew are important for preserving our unique culture and advantageous for the personal development of our crew.
When our Crew return to the office, many will work in our hybrid model. A smaller proportion of our crew will operate in the Work from Home work model (for example, field sales crew); or in the Work from Office model (for example, portfolio managers).
The working model that your role falls into will be communicated to you in the interview process – please do ask if you are unsure. We encourage you to make the decision regarding your job interview and offer knowing which model your role will fall into. We will test and learn as our ways of working evolve and will continue to evaluate working models along the way.