- Summer 2024 Supply Chain-INTERN/HRLY-FC002 - Frederick, MD
- LOGISTICS/PERSONAL SHOPPER TEAM MEMBER-Overnight-Frederick, MD - Frederick, MD
- Senior Controls Engineer - Frederick, MD
- Site Operations Technician - Frederick, MD
Department: LOG ASP
Post End Date: 10/22/2022
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: Supply Chain Manager/Department Manager (Depending on location)
Position Supervises: N/A
Pay Level: 15/16
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
At Kroger, we are looking for talented and engaged individuals with a passion to Feed the Human Spirit. We need individuals who will share in our goal to being friendly and caring, and to make sure that everything we do is Fresh for Everyone in our communities. Our employees are leaders who are committed to personifying Our Promise of Everyone Friendly and Caring, Everything Fresh, to Uplift in Every Way and to Improve Every Day.
Kroger is excited to move to Maryland and we are looking for great associates to join our team! Our Fulfillment Center (FC), located in Frederick, is a proud member of the nation-wide Kroger Family of Companies. The FC is a new concept for Kroger – where customer orders are picked daily by Fulfillment Center Associates and delivered to customer homes the following day in branded refrigerated vans by Delivery Drivers.
We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide daily support to our General Manager.
Why you’ll love working with us:
Tuition Reimbursement after 6 months of employment (up to $3,500 a year and $21,000 over your career)
Excellent health benefit package
Paid time off (vacation, holidays and personal days)
Employee discounts of Kroger-branded food
Employee discounts with cell phone providers, computer companies, travel organizations and more!
Advancement potential in a fast-growing industry. Come for a job. Stay for a career.
Provide administrative support to the Logistics team and other functional areas of Logistics. Provide assistance to leadership to implement programs that support the Customer 1st and associate engagement strategies. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinate meetings, travel, project calendars, and other assignments for the team
- Process and distribute mail on a daily basis
- Create, process, and maintain various reports weekly, by period, and quarterly
- Distribute appropriate communication to associates through written correspondence, email, and telephone
- Coordinate internal department communications in a timely manner
- Field calls from divisions on routine corporate Human Resources (HR) policies and systems, and provide guidance and direction to divisions
- Work closely with the Corporate Logistics team to deliver outstanding service and support the programs and initiatives that drive our company’s business objectives
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, present information in a professional manner and work with all levels of the organization
- Self-directed in planning own work and priorities without close supervision
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good secretarial skills with attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent telephone skills and etiquette
- Ability to adapt to frequent change and meet deadlines
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Level 15 – Provide support to department head or supply chain manager
- Level 16 – Provide support to director level
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Knowledge of Kroger systems (APT, Express HR, Business Objects)
- Experience or working knowledge of HR
- Experience within other Kroger family of stores, division or store support
- Secretarial experience providing support to a department/large staff
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED Desired
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
States: Maryland; Pennsylvania; Virginia; West Virginia
Keywords: Administrative assistant, executive assistant,
Jobs at Kroger Logistics: Kroger Logistics is a best-in-class supply chain team that services our more than 2,500 grocery and convenience stores that stretch coast-to-coast across the U.S., including Alaska. We are comprised of more than 30 distribution centers, regional freight centers, transportation and office locations. In Kroger Logistics, we offer career opportunities in Safety, Professional Driving, Warehouse Operations, International Logistics, Engineering, Supply Chain and Human Resources. If you are looking for an ever-changing, fast-paced environment focused on supporting our Customer 1St Strategy, we welcome your online application.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: MD || Frederick || 7106 Geoffrey Way || 21704 || Kroger Logistics || None || Management || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None
Job date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 22:18:14 GMT