Admin assistant – HELS faculty office (Part time 0.5)
- Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance Manager - University of Birmingham School - Birmingham
- Director of Marketing and Admissions - Birmingham, England - Birmingham
- IT Support Technician - Birmingham
- Senior IT Support Analyst - Birmingham
- Research Fellow in Data Science and Knowledge Engineering - Birmingham
Birmingham City University
Location: City South Campus
Salary: £22,369 to £24,313 per annum pro rata
Posted On: Thursday 22 September 2022
Closing Date: Wednesday 12 October 2022
Interview Date: Tuesday 01 November 2022
The Faculty of Health, Education and Life sciences is seeking an experienced administration assistant to assist in the day-to-day administration of its busy team This role involves working closely with students, academics and other Faculty stakeholders. The role is part time, 18.5 hours per week, across 3 days.
The successful candidate will be required to assist with different processes such as:
– Casual workers hiring process
– Student references
– Student absences
– Student travel expenses
– Student enquiries
– Any other admin tasks relevant to the Faculty
The candidate must be highly organised, have excellent communication skills and be prepared to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple deadlines at once. For this role you will be based in our City South campus in Edgbaston where our Health, Education and Life Sciences Faculty is based. There may be requirements to attend the City Centre campus for work and training purposes.
Currently the team is operating on a hybrid working pattern with some home-based and some on-campus work: however, this model is under regular review, and you should be prepared to work full-time on campus if required.
Skills and Experience:
- Relevant vocational qualifications such as a NVQ Level 2 in Business Administration or able to demonstrate equivalent work experience and relevant skills.
- A high level of numeracy and literacy.
- Excellent IT skills including MS Office, Excel, SharePoint and student information systems or similar.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A self-managing work style with the ability to prioritise, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines.
Able to demonstrate:
- Ability to assimilate large quantities of written and verbal communication quickly.
- Understanding of student experience issues.
Birmingham City University has the drive and ambition to be a leading seat of teaching and research excellence. We are passionate about providing our learners with a transformational journey, enabled by an exceptional and supportive academic community.
With around 26,900 students from 100 countries, Birmingham City University is a large and diverse learning community. We put students at the heart of everything we do, giving them the best opportunities for future success. The University has an enviable reputation for providing quality, student-focused education in a professional and friendly environment. Our superb courses, state-of-the-art facilities, first-rate academics, and focus on practical skills and professional relevance all support our graduates’ future employability.
We’re investing £340 million in our estate, including a major expansion of our City Centre Campus at Eastside, providing students with an enviable range of facilities.
Our staff and student community is defined by our core values, which outline who we are as a University and how we will work with each other. Our core values are Excellence, People focused, Partnership working and Fairness and integrity.
Expected salary: £22369 – 24313 per year GBP
Job date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 05:48:34 GMT