Bloomberg is an information and technology company, building the world’s most trusted information source and community for financial professionals.
Powered by an unparalleled combination of automation, innovation, access and service, Bloomberg AIM delivers global, multi-asset solutions for front end portfolio management, trading, and operations. Our comprehensive suite of enterprise solutions help buy-side firms to generate alpha, service clients, remain compliant and grow profits in the face of change. These integrated services are tailored to our client’s needs to increase efficiency and productivity.
The Buy Side Enterprise Support team is responsible for supporting our most sophisticated global buy side customers who subscribe to our portfolio enterprise reporting and order management system solutions.
What’s the role?
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join the team as an AIM Enterprise Relationship Support Representative based out of our New York City headquarters. In ERS Support, you will be responsible for acting as a subject matter expert, liaising with portfolio managers, traders, and middle/back office professionals to assist with business challenges. This role heavily interacts with multiple internal business areas across regions, ensuring effective collaborations in providing best solutions and service to our clients. This position demands a consultative approach, a culture of ownership, as well as strong problem solving skills complimented with solid interpersonal skills.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop a deep understanding of the AIM product offering and aligned clients in order to deliver the highest level of service to Bloomberg’s most strategic customers
- Provide operational support on AIM functionality, feeds and cross-system integration with proactive monitoring and client communication if an issue is detected
- Identify systemic issues, escalating appropriately by communicating client impact internally
- Maintain client specific workflow diagrams and runbooks, documenting critical system workflows, integrations and settings
- Take a consultative approach to providing operational guidance on optimizing system performance
- Deliver system performance and service reviews to executive stakeholders
- Build and maintain relationships with key client stakeholders, acting as their point of contact for production related inquiries and requests
- Monitor and coordinate with clients throughout the full technology release cycle
- Collaborate extensively internally across Bloomberg to improve our client’s experience and overall system performance
- Provide detailed feedback from clients to product managers and engineering to continue to develop our products.
You’ll need to have:
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate problems and provide solutions
- Strong understanding of financial markets
- A competent grasp of the buy-side workflow structure
- Proven track record for outstanding customer service
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Aptitude to excel in a fast paced, rapidly growing environment
- The ambition to take ownership of client inquiries, issues and requests, seeing them through to final resolution
- The curiosity and aptitude to effectively communicate technical/complex issues in a simplistic manner to various audiences
- A positive attitude and willingness to go the extra mile for clients and the team
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience working in buy side financial institutions or alternatively experience in financial technology
- Knowledge of Bloomberg AIM buy-side OMS system is a plus
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.