ARP Finance Accountant POS
- Sales Account Executive Cumberland County - Fayetteville, NC
- Social Worker II 122400394 (Potential Telework/Remote Options) - Fayetteville, NC
- Child Support Agent II POS#Various - Fayetteville, NC
- Hiring Event, June 13, 2023, Detention Officer - Fayetteville, NC
- Accounting Technician II (Potential Telework/Remote Options) - Fayetteville, NC
- Salary will be determined by applicants qualifying education and experience*
This position is located in our Finance department and will perform highly complex professional accounting and financial tasks to account for federal funds allocated from the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021.
Examples of Duties
- Managing and overseeing the life cycle of the funds, determining whether proposed costs are allowable
- Maintaining detailed files supporting all approved projects and their expenditures and keeping them in accordance with the appropriate record retention schedule
- Monitoring and tracking costs, ensuring adherence to procurement standards as established by federal and state law as well as local policy
- Serving as the point of contact who will respond to all audit requests specific to the expenditure of these funds
- Assist in developing policies that address requirements of ARPA funds
- Collaborating with external and internal partners
- Filing periodic required reports with the US Treasury
- Creating transparent reporting for Cumberland County and its constituents
- Create project budgets, monitor expenses, verify availability of funds and allowable expenses
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a major in accounting, business or finance with a minimum of 30 hours of accounting and two (2) years of experience in a governmental fiscal operation; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
A formal transcript will be required. College transcripts may be submitted on-line via the attachment feature or mailed to Cumberland County Human Resources, 117 Dick St. Fayetteville, NC 28301.
Negative drug screen and background check are required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the methods, procedures and policies of Cumberland County as such pertains to the performance of the essential duties of the Finance Accountant position
- Knowledge of principles and practices of accounting work to include performing fund accounting activities and comprehensive financial reporting
- Knowledge of the County’ s financial and systems to include chart of accounts
- Knowledge of the laws, ordinances, standards, and regulations pertaining to the essential duties and responsibilities of the position
- Knowledge of the organization of the department, and of related departments and agencies
- Ability to clearly understand the principles and practices of general accounting and financial management, qualitative and quantitative research and critical thinking and analysis
- Ability to remain current on best practices, trends and emerging technologies
- Ability to maintain cooperative and effective relationships with intra- and interdepartmental personnel, as well as any external entities with which position interacts
Expected salary: $70366.8 – 77690.93 per year USD
Job date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 07:29:59 GMT