Assistant / Associate Professor (Philosophy, Politics and Economics), Faculty of Arts and Sciences
- Aga Khan University Karachi Jobs 2023 - Karachi, Sindh
- Registered Nurse (Field Based) - Karachi, Sindh
- Assistant Professor/Senior Instructor, Palliative Care, Department of Oncology - Karachi, Sindh
- Medical Receptionist (Collection Points) - Karachi, Sindh
- Assistant Professor (Stem Cell Translational Vision Scientist) - Karachi, Sindh
Aga Khan University
Aga Khan University, chartered in 1983 as Pakistan’s first private international university, is committed to the provision of education, research, and health care of international standard relevant to Pakistan and the region. The affiliated Aga Khan University Hospital has well-equipped investigative services and provides state-of-the-art clinical facilities.
The Faculty of Arts and Sciences (FAS) aims to develop leaders through a transformative education that is endlessly challenging, stimulating and mind-opening – one that prepares graduates for innovative thought and consequential action.
Aga Khan University invites applications for the position of Assistant /Associate Professor for Faculty of Arts and Sciences.
This position will play an active role in leading the FAS Undergraduate major in Philosophy, Politics and Economics. You will convene and teach undergraduate courses, supervise, and teach postgraduate students (masters and doctoral level). You will carry out research, including publishing and generating external research income and will perform administrative roles to support the operations of the FAS and AKU.
- PhD in relevant field (anthropology, geography, sociology, political science, philosophy or cognate discipline) from HEC recognized University/Institution
- 3-5 years Teaching experience at undergraduate level (including lectures, small group tutorials, course convening)
- Publications in international journals relevant for social development studies (commensurate with career status)
- PhD in the relevant field ((anthropology, geography, sociology, political science, philosophy, or cognate discipline) from an HEC recognized University/Institution.
- 10-years teaching/research experience in an HEC recognized University or a postgraduate Institution or professional experience in the relevant field in a National or International organization
- 5-years post-PhD teaching/ research experience in an HEC recognized University or a post-graduate Institution or professional experience in the relevant field in a National or International organization
- The applicant must have 10 research publications with at least 4 publications in last 5 years in HEC recognized Journals.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
You should have:
- experience of organizing workshops, seminars, and public talks
- experience of working with development practitioners
- mastery of basic office IT tools (word processors, spreadsheets, calendars)
- ability to teach research methods and subjects related to disciplinary expertise
- commitment to interdisciplinarity
- capability to maintain collegial working environments
- leadership skills
- good communication and writing skills
- effective Interpersonal skills.
Job date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 04:30:51 GMT