- MGR, CAFE - Vanguard - Malvern PA - Malvern, PA
- DIR, DINING SERVICES I - Vanguard - Malvern PA - Vanguard, SK - Malvern, PA
- DIR, DINING SERVICES I - Vanguard - Malvern PA - Malvern, PA
- MGR, CAFE - Vanguard - Malvern PA - Malvern, PA
- CHEF MGR - Vanguard - Malvern PA - Vanguard, SK - Malvern, PA
The Vanguard Group is one of the world’s largest investment companies, advising clients and the general public on savings, investment, retirement, personal finance, the economy, and much more.
To provide the vision, strategic direction, and initiative roadmap for enterprise-wide, transformational, technology imperatives for the Enterprise Security and Fraud organization. To define the reference and implementation Architectures for enterprise-wide, transformational, technology imperatives. To persuade and influence senior Business and Information Technology (IT) leaders on the security architecture direction for enterprise-wide, transformational, technology imperatives. The role will be responsible for working with our Information Technology subdivision as Vanguard modernizes our technology stack and rapidly scales our use of cloud and SaaS offerings globally. A successful candidate for this position must possess both a deep and wide background in information security being applied across a wide breadth of technologies spanning on-prem, SaaS and cloud.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides the security architectural leadership in shaping
enterprise-wide, transformational, technology imperatives
, which focus on both Business of IT (e.g., ITaaS) and firm-wide, business technology initiatives (e.g., Digital Business), critically dependent on emerging technology.
- Continuously pursues
- Establishes working relationships with strategic and boutique technology providers.
- Leverages knowledge capital available through subscription research services.
- Leverages the Internet as a critical resource for related knowledge capital, inclusive of blogs, podcasts, webinar, etc.
- Attends conferences and engages in associated activities (e.g., conducting presentations, leading workshops, etc).
- Consumes and contributes content from and to Open Source communities and leading Security publications and conferences.
- Defines reference and implementation architectures.
- Produces technology roadmaps in support of Vanguard’s vision and strategy.
- Develops proof-of-concept prototypes and initial implementation models.
- Monitors implementation activity to ensure architecture and design principles are upheld.
- Ensures implementation solutions support architecture objectives (e.g., availability, scalability, performance, security, etc.), as appropriate.
- Participates in governance team discussions and provides a strong voice on critical decisions.
- Communicates complex technical concepts effectively to a broad group of stakeholders.
- Establishes relationships with senior IT leaders, architects, and technical specialists for the purpose of advancing proposed architectural solutions.
- Coaches and mentors more junior security architects.
understanding of the competitive landscape and corporate and business unit strategies to provide context for architectural decision making.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training or experience. Graduate degree preferred
- Minimum eight plus years relevant work experience. – architecting, designing and developing large scale security solutions and experience working with product teams on specifying Secure Application Requirements
- Certifications- CISSP required, GSEC, AWS-SAP, CCSP, CSSLP and GIAC – GWEB preferred.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.