- Laboratory Analyst- Intel Contract Employee (ICE)) - Santa Clara, CA
- Design Engineer - Intel Mask Operations - Santa Clara, CA
- FW DevOps Software Engineer - Santa Clara, CA
- Analog Engineer - Santa Clara, CA
- Software Development Engineer - Undergrad Intern - Santa Clara, CA
Intel is an innovative technology company that uses artificial intelligence to elevate multiple industries.
Silicon Photonic Passives Device Design Manager
Intel Silicon Photonics Product Division (SPPD) is at the forefront of silicon photonics integration and is part of The Connectivity Group which is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that powers the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing-devices. Since announcing the world’s first hybrid silicon laser nearly a decade ago, our team continues to lead the industry with cutting-edge technology and efficient, scalable high-volume manufacturing. Our dedication to advanced development ensures that Intel Silicon Photonics continues to drive future data center bandwidth growth with smaller form factors, co-packaging and higher speeds from 400G today to 1.6T and beyond tomorrow. We are looking for great talent to accelerate this journey so if you are interested in joining our leading organization then we want to hear from you.
Intel’s Silicon Photonics Product Division is seeking an experienced photonic design manager to lead a team of photonic design engineers as well as hands-on design the innovative passive photonic devices to build silicon photonics next-generation optical products. In this position, you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Deliver a large variety of functionality passives components/photonic integrated circuits
• Lead a team of highly-skilled silicon photonic passive component designers to define devices target specs and to develop innovative passive component library with full-parameter simulation, layout, tape-out, process integration, component EVT validation, and wafer level testability.
• Own, design and development the passive components through design, simulation, device testability, SDL layout, tape-out, data analysis and debug
• Role model as component design manager and hands-on designer to and deliver innovative passive photonic devices from idea to high volume manufacturing
• Lead the passive design team to define novel waveguide structures across fabrication process platforms
• Experience to work across the BU to align various functional teams to the engineering requirements document.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
• Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or a similar discipline with focus on Silicon Photonics optical component design, fabrication, and test.
• 10 years of hands-on design and simulation expert in design and development of state-of-the-art passive devices and complex large-scale passive integrated circuits in silicon photonics
• 8 years of experience in the design, implementation, and characterization of new components as well as support the high volume silicon photonics devices, including low loss waveguide device, couplers, MMIs, MUX/Demux filters, gratings, switch, phase shifter, polarization diversity circuits, ring resonators, nanophotonic as well as a large scale of integrated circuits of these devices.
• 8 years of experience as a lead designer and/or technical manager in managing multiple design projects and design team in photonics device design, simulation, fabrication interaction, and device characterization
• 8 years of strong experience in photonic simulation with Lumerical, FIMMWAVE, FDTD/FEM/MODE, Rsoft/Synopsys, Photon Design
Inside this Business Group
The Network & Edge Group brings together our network connectivity and edge into a business unit chartered to drive technology end to end product leadership. It’s leadership Ethernet, Switch, IPU, Photonics, Network and Edge portfolio is comprised of leadership products critically important to our customers.
Intel strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal, state, and local laws and as a contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to government mandates that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Position of Trust
This role is a Position of Trust. Should you accept this position, you must consent to and pass an extended Background Investigation, which includes (subject to country law), extended education, SEC sanctions, and additional criminal and civil checks. For internals, this investigation may or may not be completed prior to starting the position. For additional questions, please contact your Recruiter….
Work Model for this Role
This role is available as fully home-based and generally would require you to attend Intel sites only occasionally based on business need.
USExperienced HireJR0216629Santa ClaraNetwork and Edge Group