- Group Product Manager - Remote, OR - San Francisco, CA
- Senior DevOps Engineer - Remote, OR
- QA Automation Manager - Remote, OR
Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills. You will partner some of the leading health IT and life science companies, to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services. As a trusted customer advocate, the solutions architect will help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mind-share and broad use of AWS within customers. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical to a solutions architect. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact. Enjoy working with Health IT or Life Science Customers You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers.
Have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
Key job responsibilities
- Ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform
- In this role, your creativity will link technology to tangible solutions, with the opportunity to define or invent cloud-native reference architectures for a variety of use cases
- Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
- Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and suppor
- Significant experience in one or more of these specific technology domain areas: Cloud Architecture, Distributed Systems Design, Software Development, Infrastructure Architecture, Micro-Services.
- Several years of design, implementation, or consulting experience in applications and infrastructures
- Experience communicating across technical and non-technical audiences, including executive level stakeholders or clients
- Technical Degree (Computer Science, Math, Engineering or equivalent) and/or relevant tech experience.
- Fluent in English language written and verbal
- A passion for technology and for learning
- Open to travel up to 40%
- Fluent written and verbal in one more European Language such as German, French, Spanish, Swedish, Finnish, Dutch etc.
- Solid background in regulatory frameworks such as GDPR, HIPAA, GxP, ISO 27001 or similar regulations in EMEA and worldwide
- Customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
- Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
- Domain knowledge in building solutions in Healthcare, Health IT, Life Sciences, BioTech or similar
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.