You can make a difference by working at BNY Mellon, where finance, technology and business intersect, to power the global financial industry.
The jobholder will be responsible for providing Technology Support in both their primary location and to remote sites, working as part of a wider team of engineers. Their primary task will be to act as the face of technology in location, assisting employees with all technology related Requests and Incidents . They will be responsible for the full asset lifecycle of corporate devices, from first build to retirement and disposal, including all necessary status updates within the asset management console.
Supporting approximately 200 users locally , they will be tasked with maintaining a technical configuration that is fit for purpose within the office, ensuring end users have the technology they require, and all technical services are working appropriately.
- To provide IT/Technology support services to all areas of the business, including trading/front office users, ensuring all service level agreements are achieved.
- To build, configure and install corporate devices ready for end user consumption.
- To maintain accurate and appropriate levels of stock, processing vendor orders when required while considering lead times and forecasted demand.
- To adhere to system procedures ensuring they are maintained in line with BNYM standards. (Legal Hold & Asset Management)
- To maintain the stability and continuity of your given technical environment, remediating vulnerabilities.
- To understand the configuration and maintain the functionality of shared IT services within site (including any space where technology is consumed).
- To assist in departmental relocations/reconfigurations within the office space when appropriate.
- To respond to escalations & handle appropriately.
- To maintain, and when appropriate deploy, Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity options, ensuring consistent technological service and minimal business impact.
- To provide hands-on assistance for infrastructure and application projects when necessary. (RFC/Project)
- When appropriate, assist other locations in resolving technical faults.
- To pro-actively build and maintain good working relationships with the Business to understand individual department requirements from a technical perspective.
- To provide end users with education on new and existing IT service offerings.
- To ensure that all systems procedures are clear, accurate and updated regularly.
- To suggest and assist in implementing improvements to operational procedures and support technologies.
- Keeps line manager up to date with ongoing activities, escalating any issues appropriately.
- Keeps wider team updated with notable changes, new services and technical fixes.
- Liaises effectively with other departments to enhance support and learn continually.
- Minimum 10 years Technology Support experience.
- Must have experience providing high level technical support within a complex technical environment.
- Service Delivery focused, with customer facing experience.
- Subject matter expertise in the following:
- M365 support knowledge, including Teams, OneDrive & InTune.
- Remote administration tools
- Hardware devices including imaging, decommissioning and troubleshooting
- SCCM deployment, packaging and support
- Virtual desktops
- Messaging and collaboration tools, such as Outlook and Exchange
- Must have experience working in a Fast-paced demanding environment.
- Must have experience supporting a Citrix environment.
- Familiar with ITIL.
- Experience of multi-domain environments.
- Basic MCR/SCR management – cabling, patching & maintenance.
- Asset Management Lifecycle.
- LAN, WAN, MAN troubleshooting.
- BCP / Disaster recovery provisioning.
- Virtual Desktop configuration & maintenance.
- Active Directory
- Citrix Director
- MS System Centre Virtual Machine Manager
- CISCO Video Conferencing & telephony including Jabber.