Facebook is the largest social media network, enabling over a billion users to openly connect with friends and family, share content, and discover the world.
Languages are key to the WhatsApp Customer Operations mission to “Make each user feel like WhatsApp is built for them”. The Localization team makes WhatsApp feels like a local product by building high quality localized experiences at scale. As a Localization Program Manager, you will shape the vision for and help deliver global experiences into more than 60 languages for over 2 Billion people around the world.
Localization Program Manager Responsibilities:
- Engage and build relationships with cross-functional teams and stakeholders (Product, Engineering, Marketing, etc.) to launch successful localized products
- Design and implement efficient and scalable end-to-end localization frameworks for multiple products and diverse content types across WhatsApp and the Meta family of apps
- Guide product, legal and marketing teams across the Meta family of apps to ensure localizability best practices are followed to minimize downstream issues and decrease cost and time-to-market for the localized versions
- Shape the vision and drive the execution of product and launch readiness practices that include localization upstream across the company
- Analyze data sets, build dashboards and help the team make strategic data-driven decisions
- Analyze current pain points in workflows and tools, think outside the box and implement solutions to help us operate at scale and drive strategic value
- 4+ years of localization program management experience
- BA/BS or 2+ years equivalent work experience in localization, internationalization, program management
- Experience with localization platforms, file formats and CAT tools – such as SDL Trados Studio, Idiom WorldServer, Memsource or any similar in-house localization tools and platform that manages and/or automates the translation workflow
- Experience prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Experience communicating across a variety of cross-functional stakeholders and leadership, working across time zones and international offices
- Experience with localization and testing of mobile and web-based applications
- Experience processing and analyzing complex data sets, and interpreting them to make business decisions
- 5+ years equivalent work experience in translation, localization, internationalization, QA testing
- Experience building programs to enable localization operations at scale
- Exposure to SQL, analytics tools, or a coding language
- Familiarity with internationalization standards such as Unicode and CLDR
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.