- Senior UX Designer, Amazon Automotive - New York City, NY
- Software Engineer, Amazon Digital Advertising - New York City, NY
- Senior GTM Specialist, Product and Sales Specialist, Amazon Ads - New York City, NY
- Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Amazon Glow - New York City, NY
- Account Sales Representative, Amazon Transportation Service, Amazon Freight - New York City, NY
Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Web Services is looking for a world class candidate for the role of Mainframe Migrations – Partner Program Lead, within our Global Channels & Alliances business function. You will have the exciting opportunity to develop and deliver on our mass migration strategy. You’ll be working with our key mainframe partners in order to support organizations transition to cloud.
AWS partners include some of the key software and systems integration companies with a track record of enabling successful mainframe and application modernization projects. This role will focus on working with select technology and consulting firms to drive mainframe migrations solutions on AWS, pipeline that leads to projects to support large enterprises on their mainframe migration journey to AWS. The role will also involve working with the local AWS partner manager teams to drive partner engagement on AWS led mainframe migration projects.
By establishing and growing business and technical relationships, and managing the day-to-day interactions with these partners, you will be responsible for driving mainframe solutions on AWS, pipeline, new revenue growth, increased market adoption and the expansion of the partners AWS mainframe migration practice. The ideal candidate understands the application modernization and mainframe markets and customers along with their sales cycles. In addition, the candidate will possess both a business/sales background with a leading technology and consulting firm with mainframe experience. This enables them develop forward thinking initiatives, which drive net new mainframe migrations to AWS services. You are expected to not only create and conceptualize programs but also be able to manage their roll out through partners. You will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build strong industry relationships and mainframe expertise. In this day and age of customer obsession, it is critical that you possess or demonstrate the ability to build the right level of relationships across not just partners but players within the industry. This person is an influencer by nature and must be seen as someone the partners are eager to engage with and have a strong hands-on approach.
Key job responsibilities
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Serve as a key member of the AWS Partner Team in helping to drive overall AWS mainframe strategy
• Progress mainframe and application modernization business opportunities and facilitate deals with partners
• Enable and align consulting partners with AWS mainframe modernization approach and methodology
• Lead technology partners to create new mainframe technical solutions or optimize solutions for AWS
• Create joint offerings which can include AWS services, ProServe, consulting partners, technology partners in order to deliver higher value propositions to customers with mainframe and help close mainframe and application modernization projects
• Maintain an accurate and robust pipeline and forecast of mainframe business opportunities with partners
• Create and deliver go-to-market plans with mainframe partners.
• Manage partner led and attach targets and work with the partner and AWS sales organizations to achieve/exceed goals
• Prepare and give business reviews to senior management regarding progress and roadblocks to closing mainframe opportunities.
• Advise customers and commercial sales teams on the AWS mainframe modernization approach, the value of partners, engagement, and recommend qualified partners to support customer needs.
• Showcase customer success from mainframe projects with partner case studies and thought leadership
About the team
The Partner Migrations team (PMP team) is a group of Business Development professionals that are goaled on winning Partner Originated MAP migrations. The individuals are experts on AWS’ MAP program and are responsible for driving the Partner enablement and execution within a region. Given the strategic importance of mainframe migrations and modernization we are recruiting a specialist Business Developer to drive our partner strategy for this specialized workload. The individual will develop a community of partners across America and support the regional leads to drive GTM and sales pursuits.
5+ years experience selling to Fortune 1000 and/or Global 2000 organizations within a leading consulting company or systems integrator.
- Consistently exceeds quota and key performance metrics in every role.
- Experience with cloud computing and mainframe environments (traditional mainframes and proprietary UNIX platforms)
- Exceptional business acumen and high judgment be able to use business and technology depth and breadth to understand customer needs and shape transformation initiative
- Very comfortable with developing, implementing, managing and executing through influence across a cross-functional set of senior stakeholders.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results. Ability to effectively lead and work with a variety of organizations, management levels, cultures, and personalities.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills. Experience communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Be an evangelist of the cloud era, an industry and technology domain, seen as a rainmaker for and by the partners and peers in the respective industry
- Be an influencer who has strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences.
- Have highly relevant experience helping customers in the sales and delivery cycle for migrating mainframe workloads onto public cloud
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.