- Corporate Receptionist for Northwest Center Services @ Amazon - Arlington, VA
- Banista (Banana Attendant) for Northwest Center Services @ Amazon - Arlington, VA
- Learning Program Manager, Amazon Business Enablement - Arlington, VA
- Program Manager, Continuous Improvement, Worldwide Customer Service, Amazon Customer Excellence System - Arlington, VA
- Software Development Engineer, Amazon Ads Identity - Arlington, VA
Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
This role will work directly with health technology companies, healthcare providers and healthcare payors in adapting their control frameworks to successfully move their IT to the AWS cloud.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is rapidly expanding its presence in the enterprise arena with a focus on healthcare. AWS offers global public cloud offerings with a diversity of compliance programs and attestations to enable the AWS customer base. AWS is looking for independent, passionate, and deeply experienced professional in the international healthcare services compliance and governance arena to provide thought leadership in assisting healthcare customers to move regulated workloads and data into the cloud by addressing their specific security, regulatory, compliance and governance requirements. This candidate should be an experienced and innovative security/compliance/governance professional who has the ability to handle a wide range of compliance requirements and can translate those requirements into applications for cloud computing. The Compliance Specialist will work directly with health technology companies, healthcare providers and healthcare payors in adapting their control frameworks to successfully move their IT to the AWS cloud.
This key position requires specialized experience supporting the healthcare sector compliance efforts and will have high visibility at the most senior levels of government agencies, institutions, and AWS including frequent interaction with CISOs, CTOs, CCOs, CROs, their staffs, and AWS senior leadership. The position, as part of the AWS International Public Sector Healthcare team, will act as the primary Governance/Compliance interface for Healthcare institutions. The candidate will already have, and continue to foster, key relationships, and be able to interpret the impacts of policy changes, and track and report on industry trends.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Work/Life Harmony. Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Mentorship and Career Growth. Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
This position can be located in any AWS office globally.
Key job responsibilities
• Participate in healthcare services regulatory compliance assessments and relevant control discussions with AWS teams. This includes synthesizing control requirements, and recommending and pursuing alternative approaches assisting customers in developing compliance roadmaps
• Develop industry leading compliance related, customer-facing resources based on projected customer needs and current demand
• Assist the AWS Security Assurance team in determining the strategic direction of the various AWS compliance programs based on customer interaction and demonstrative metrics
• Be and remain connected with industry trends and events. Develop and maintain relationships with key leaders in governance, risk, and compliance at Healthcare institutions
• Collaborate with service teams on industry specific requirements that impact components of AWS services
• Assist the work of Healthcare institutions’ internal and external auditors or advisors as needed
• Keep the AWS Worldwide Healthcare leadership team fully informed of customer engagement status, issues, and activities.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or other related business fields
• 10+ years of relevant business or technical leadership, product management, business development, program or project management, and/or operations experience in and around information technologies
• 8+ years of relevant experience in international healthcare/life science regulatory affairs. Progressive experience in healthcare compliance, legal, or governance
• Hands-on experience in developing compliance/regulatory documentation
• Experience in working directly with senior corporate/government officials and/or auditors
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Travel may be required for this role, up to 50%
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
• Familiarity with technical assessments and audit methodologies for technical systems (network, operating systems, application security) as well as IT auditing processes
• Familiarity with cloud computing services/deployment architecture
• Demonstration of innovative compliance approaches in non-traditional IT environments (cloud)
• Experience and proficiency in public speaking
• Deep understanding of relevant regulatory guidance, for example, GDPR
• Experience in building successful compliance programs
• Experience defining compliance roadmaps based on customer requirements, compliance documentation, and ensuring that committed assessments are delivered on schedule
• Have a record of delivery of onboarding compliance financial services workloads
• Intermediate or better level of knowledge of certification requirements of an Infrastructure as Service (IaaS) under the aforementioned compliance programs
• Ability to think critically and be responsive to time sensitive requests
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.